Main Menu

Flash movies in PlayBasic

Started by empty, February 24, 2006, 05:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

empty

This is a shot of the PBFlash library that allows you to display Flash Movies in a PlayBasic app.
This screeny shows a jpg background (the trees) with a Flash userinterface on top of it.

The picture and the Flash file were kindly provided by BlinkOK.

pathfinder

looking flash :D

Always used to drive me crazy why flash is never used as a feature in gamemaking apps. Flash is so perfect for game menus, character sheets. I was thinking of just exporting multi gifs for menus in the end.

have you sorted commucation between flash and pb? Someone in the dbpro forum made a dll, but i cant find it anymore :/ but that was supposed to have read values out of the movie.

empty

Quotehave you sorted commucation between flash and pb?
There are not a lot options for that. In the demo above it's done via reading/writing Flash variables from within PlayBasic. The DBpro plugin uses the clipboard for that- something that would also be possible here.

Ian Price

Another notch on the belt for PlayBASIC :D
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Calypson

that'd be very useful for my compo entry right about now

empty

Find the beta version attached. Use at your own risk.

BlinkOk

having tested this i gotta say it's awesome. you can get and set flash variables and  move the flash playhead. with those functions there is very little you cannot do.
this plugin gets a 10 outta 10 from me.:)

pathfinder

QuoteThere are not a lot options for that. In the demo above it's done via reading/writing Flash variables from within PlayBasic. The DBpro plugin uses the clipboard for that- something that would also be possible here.

reading writing Flash variables P E R F E CT !!!!!!

Will def try this out thanks sooo MUCH!!!

pathfinder

Quotereading writing Flash variables P E R F E CT !!!!!!

Will def try this out thanks sooo MUCH!!!

oh by the way, if your like me and pay for products (login required)(swishmax) is a top notch flash maker, with a good price tag :D

I had around 2 grand of macromedia gear, becuase I loved it as a hobbist, because I didnt upgrade within 2 years all were defunct not upgradeable. Had no email reinders at all, sales refused to honor my puchases :(.