Main Menu

Isometric Puzzle Game

Started by Calypson, March 06, 2006, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calypson

I dont have much to say about it - but since PB hasn't had anyone make an ISO game yet, I thought i'd make a topic anyway.  The game will play alot like BlockDude for the TI-83 calculators - except for some great puzzle elements added which utilizes the extra z-depth we now have.  You will be able to topple towers of boxes unlike the original in order to reach your goal.  Not much of this game will be animated - just block movement like the original, but i'm not to worried about it since this is just a quick short game.

I already have world display, tile collision, and player movement in the game. The white Boreder you see around all the sprites is code generated.  It cuts down a TON on all of the tiles i'd have to make to achieve this effect otherwise.

screenshot:

PS - graphics were made very quickly and are more or less place holders for now

thaaks

I wish I could draw such placeholders  :rolleyes:

Looks pretty cool. Would you mind to share some code (routines)?

There are a lot of nice iso games that could be remade (anyone an Ultimate fan? Alien 8 for example)...

I don't know BlockDude, so could you please describe what's the aim of the game?
Assemble blocks to a given pattern?

Cheers,
Tommy

Ian Price

That looks good already, even if they are placeholders.

You beat me to it. I am considering an ISO game of my own, although it won't be a puzzle game.

Can't say I ever played the original game, what's the basic idea - climb to the highest point? Push blocks to certain positions?
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Big C.

Wow, I am enthusiastic of the graphics totally ... How does one make something like that ... You can write not an Tutorial "How tiles are drawn"? Please, that would be really helpful ... I despair already at drawing a going and jumping male ...

Big C.

kevin

Yeah it's nice.  But i hope we'll see a final DigDug too :)