News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

SokoBan PB

Started by Ian Price, May 08, 2006, 07:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Here's a one day old version of my PB remake of Sokoban. I have cleverly entitled it "Sokoban PB" :P

It has 10 fully playable levels.
GUI style options

I hope to include 100 levels and will allow users to create their own levels - I've disabled the level editor in this version and the Help menu doesn't do anything yet.

Something simple, but every language needs to have a Sokoban game :)

If you find any bugs or problems, then please let me know.

Also, if you are able to complete level 10, can you please let me know how! It is supposedly possible, but lack of sleep/intelligence is preventing me from doing it.

BTW. I did not create the graphics. They are temporarily "borrowed" from another Sokoban game.

I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

kevin

Only played a few levels,  but it looks like it's coming up apples to me.

Related Links:

Yet Another Sokoban

Big C.

Ian,

great game.. where are the levels from? Someone are very tricky.... so you want it here you get it.. My approach to lev10 :)

After finishing the lev10 i got an error so i couldn't make the last Hardcopy... sorry

[attachmentid=660]

thaaks

Hi Ian, nice game and nice solution, Big C.
I also finished level 10 and got this file stream error but I forgot to note down the movements for the guy...

Ian, there is some open format for Sokoban levels and also some websites where you can download hundreds of Sokoban levels. The format is ASCII. Could make a collection of levels much easier  ;)

I like your faked windows - smart idea! But it's disturbing to switch between keyboard (for the man) and mouse (for the windows buttons). Maybe you rework that (allow space key for selecting the menu button?).

Cheers,
Tommy

Ian Price

Firstly, thanks :)

Secondly - there is no level 11 - hence the reason for the error.

Thirdly - whilst I could use the levels in ASCII format, each puzzle then would be a lot bigger than the 280bytes that they are now - PB creates huge .EXE files and I want the data etc. to be as small as possible

Nextly :P - I may make the game mouse only, hence the reason for mouse controlled Windows, although there are keyboard shortcuts - I could make them shorter if preferred?

The one after nextly :P - Cheers Big C! :D Sometimes the solution is just sooo obvious and simple, that it's over-looked. I have had a rotten cold for the last week though, so my brain is a bit mushy at the mo.

Finally - the Windows aren't exactly faked, but they're not totally self created either. A bit of both for a nice effect. Anyway, if the software won;t let you do something in one way, just find another. If that involves cheating, well... :P

Anyway - I have a few ideas about changing the game a tad - mainly graphically, but the gameplay will remain the same. I'll keep you posted on progress (and expect a bunch more levels to add to the game either today or tomorrow :))

Ian Price

Here are 11 new levels - just unzip and place in your Sokoban PB folder. All can be completed.

I'll  put up some more later. :)

NOTE: zip contains all 21 levels to date and is still less than 3.5Kb

Ian Price

Here's the next update - 40 levels in total.

Same as before, unzip them into the main Sokoban folder.

:)

Tracy

Ian, my head hurt after 15. Well done. I'm curious as to how you design those levels- are they original? They're of excellent puzzle quality.

Ian Price

The puzzles are all a mixture of ones I've grabbed from other Sokoban games, and others that I have created myself. I had to input and test each and every one of them - imagine how my head feels!

I've now added the Help info and some "Idiot proofing" to my level editor, which is incorporated in the game already (just not activated in your versions). I will activate it once I've finalled decided on a graphic style of my own.

I've not much free-time until the weekend, so there probably won't be (m)any more updates before then.

Big C.

Does anyone have an idea how Lev24 is solved? that one is condemnedly difficult and I already tried out many possibilities however without success  :(

Ian Price

I've just had a quick play with level 24 and err... yeah, I couldn't beat it this time either. I assure you that every level I have included in the game is completable, but for the time being this one has me stumped. I have completed all 40 levels (and boy did I need a break afterwards!).

Sorry Big C, but we'll both have to try harder! :P

I'll alter the level a bit if a solution doesn't become clear. I wouldn't worry too much as a revamped version should be available late( r ) this week that makes a (little) bit more use of PB.

For the time being, I'm calling the new version Sokoban Toxic... ;)

Big C.

Ian,

your game makes me addicted...

QuoteI've just had a quick play with level 24 and err... yeah, I couldn't beat it this time either.
thats not good... so I will fire up my brain to find a solution... nevertheless there must be a way... Maybe Tracy find a way or anybody else?
QuoteI wouldn't worry too much as a revamped version should be available late( r ) this week that makes a (little) bit more use of PB.
thats sounds good to me...  :)

Big C.

yeah... I solve the problem myself...  :D

2 steps away from finishing Lev24... (that is my only screen copy...)

[attachmentid=666]

Ian Price

I told you it was possible :)

Well done :D

Big C.

Hi Ian,

I know you are a member of the judgeing panel of the RetroRemakes Compo but have you time to work on your new Version Toxic?

If so when will we see the result?  :D

Thx for your answer in advanced.

Big C.