News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

All Game Music

Started by XpMe_v1.2, May 20, 2006, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XpMe_v1.2

http://tilemusic.com/

Royalty free background game music (mp3 format  400++ files) and more.
Free downloads full size music samples online.
Online samples player also.
Full access of all music files for members.
Freeware music player written in PlayBASIC also.
...XpMe v1.2

Bustaballs

That's just sexy.  Thanks a bunch.  =)
QuoteOh please

thaaks

Nice ;)

Some suggestions: I downloaded the first sample which contained 3 mp3 files, named something like beginning, ingame and end.
It would be better if all three titles somewhat use a similar main theme so that they fit. To me it looked like you just took three pieces that don't match together very well.
Might of course only be my impression.
All three pieces should be able to loop for ever. Your songs fade out at the end...

The vocal examples were "strange" - sounded more like experiments than anything you would use as ingame music.

I haven't entered the members area yet - is the amount of music (400+ ???) somewhat organized (techno, dance, orchestra, brass, rock, ...) and labeled (main menu/highscore/title, ingame, ingame hectic, endboss, endgame)? Maybe offering the text list of titles/themes/any other information to non-members to make them want to become members?

Maybe you should offer some more snippets (not as long, max. 10 seconds, but to show the variety of your music) to tease your potential customers.

And have you thought about selling single music pieces instead of 6 months membership? Would be cool for people who only look for a handful of music they like (by listening to the snippets, maybe) and pay 2 or 3 dollars per track.

Do you plan to offer something like contract work? Something like "I send you the game and you compose the music for it" ? Just an idea...

Oh and last question: What tool do you use to create your music?

I hope you have a hit ( :D ) with your site!

Cheers,
Tommy

XpMe_v1.2

The samples you first list were placed there as extras that are not to be found
or even intended for the members section. Consider them as extras.
But I think someone may find a use for them (agmshort_001.zip to agmshort_001.zip).

The agmvocal_001.zip to agmvocal_003.zip were created about 3 years ago and some have changed slightly later on to sound a little different than what they started out as. I was not even thinking about this web site back then.
I created them just for fun like it says on the web site. Consider them as extras.
Also "strange" is how I wanted to make them. I'm glad that you noticed and have said this about them.
Find Houston 13.mp3(the play button found on the LINKS page on the top right side
of that page) or Donkey Dog Night Wars.mp3(found inside the agmshort_003.zip download on the visitors page) , or Crow Rap.mp3  and others   for some strange stuff.

I will have to state on the web site that the short and vocals zips are not part of
the regular music files and that they are just extras.

I thought about the fade outs and have considered looping the ends.
I have also thought that if they don't fade out then I would get a
comment for them to fade out. I can do this if it needs to be done.
Tell me because I do listen.

The current count is 60 music files per folder inside 8 folders. Folder 8 has some a dozen or more
files in it. I am and will be adding music to page 8 and when it hits 60 then I will start on page 9 and so on.
As for organized. For me it was not fun to do. And it takes time to do it.
But if any person made an offer to do this for a '3 month' free membership then I
would consider who has and maybe let them do it if they agree to the 'TERMS OF USE' page.
Is their any offers for 400++ music files to review and keep ???

Snippets? On the Home page at the center of the screen is a button called 'Music Sample Player'
which is changed every 1 to 2 weeks to a different music folder so as not to bore anyone.
It plays 60 files all full length.
I'm changing it another music folder later on today. I need to say this on the home page about when the player changes. Thanks for reminding me.

If a person listens to the 'Music Sample Player' and wishes to purchase a few only then I would have to set up a section for this to be offered which I haven't got to around to yet.
But I will be working on it. It would(maybe) mean that the site would have 8 or more players on one web page and I haven't tested that yet and wish to
avoid(To me making a web site is like writing a computer program. Some things work and some things do not.).

For contract work. I will be offering it soon. The person who inquires about me doing this of course would have to agree to certain things(a contract). You get
the idea without me rambling on this.

Sorry, but due to certain agreements and license used to create the music I can not list how I create this music.

Thanks for all the questions.
Some actually reminded me to clear up some text on the web site.
Maybe this will cover most to everyones satisfaction.
...XpMe v1.2

thaaks

QuoteI created them just for fun like it says on the web site. Consider them as extras.
Also "strange" is how I wanted to make them. I'm glad that you noticed and have said this about them.
Find Houston 13.mp3(the play button found on the LINKS page on the top right side
of that page) or Donkey Dog Night Wars.mp3(found inside the agmshort_003.zip download on the visitors page) , or Crow Rap.mp3  and others   for some strange stuff.
I listened to the Crow Rap.mp3 and found it really amusing but not for use in a game. That's why I was wondering.
QuoteI thought about the fade outs and have considered looping the ends.
I have also thought that if they don't fade out then I would get a
comment for them to fade out. I can do this if it needs to be done.
Tell me because I do listen.
Sounds good and should also be mentioned on your site.
QuoteSnippets? On the Home page at the center of the screen is a button called 'Music Sample Player'
which is changed every 1 to 2 weeks to a different music folder so as not to bore anyone.
I missed that one. That's a great idea.
QuoteIf a person listens to the 'Music Sample Player' and wishes to purchase a few only then I would have to set up a section for this to be offered which I haven't got to around to yet.
But I will be working on it.
Great! I think it would be worth the effort...
QuoteFor contract work. I will be offering it soon.
Seems like you are working (or planning to work on them) on most of the issues I mentioned.

Now I need to visit your site again and have a look at the 'Music Sample Player'  :D

Thanks for replying and explaining nearly everything. Sounds very very promising!

Cheers,
Tommy

XpMe_v1.2

This good idea comes from 'thaaks' ...

ONLY the people of the  Play Basic web  site will be getting this offer.

I'm offering to 2(maybe 3) people a '3 month' FREE membership to my music
site in response to 'thaaks' comments about organizing my sites music files
better which it may need or may not need to be redone. We will see.
Thanks for giving me that idea 'thaaks'. Really.
Offers will be taken till sometime this FRIDAY the 26th.

The idea comes from 'thaaks' comments...
``````````
I haven't entered the members area yet - is the amount of music (400+ ???) somewhat organized (techno, dance, orchestra, brass, rock, ...) and labeled (main

menu/highscore/title, ingame, ingame hectic, endboss, endgame)? Maybe offering the text list of titles/themes/any other information to non-members to make
them want to become members?
``````````

400++ music files to review and keep ??? If you agree to the 'TERMS OF USE' page
on my web site .
Leave me a message on my web site that I have listed at the top of this web page.
You have to let me know that you have a good idea you can do this.
And that your not going to just grab files and run.
I will also need yourfirst and last name and an email address from you.
I will only keep the email address of the 2 choosen people.(The rest will
be deleted. No one will get any email address.)
60 files a folder
x
8 folders
I will compare your 2 lists and make any needed changes from you 2.
you will need to send a list of what you have done every few days to
let me know your actually doing something. You would loose membership
if I received no list for a long period of days. And when your finished
you would still have whats left of 3 months.
The 2 of you will also get listed in some visible form of credits on my
web page for all to see.
If choosen then...
I will Email the email address you gave me letting you know along with
a username and password.
...XpMe v1.2

thaaks

What a great offer, XpMe!
I am just not sure that I find the time to get it done in time  :unsure:

Anyway, I listened to some of your songs (the Wimpy Player is very helpful) and wanted to give you and the others here some impressions (and maybe a hint to what titles I preferred).

These are just my personal impressions, so have mercy  :rolleyes:
QuoteBackground - not bad, but misses something like a lead theme
Dark Eye - great arabian theme, could need a little bit more speed and a big bass drum to get the drive into some game
Drifter - has a nice beat, the western theme of the guitar is nice, but doesn't really fit, could be a bit more aggressive (e-guitar?)
Endure - just faster, please!
Grand Monks Railroad - great, my favorite so far, for a jump and run or some "Avoid other thingies" game
Hills - nice but a bit repetitive
Lite waves - spacy, starts slow
Mc Shack - funky
Mozart Omega - Mozart and Vivaldi four seasons overlayed!
Pop Korn - what the name says, a pop song and nicely done
Quiet room - music noir, maybe some dark adventure game?
Rice - nice song, could make a good menu song or the start of a game
Sand land - nice beat, but I hate this organ ;-)
Short - cool shmup theme, yeah!
Soft world - also a good shooter or jump'n'run background music
Surf ride - great song, industrial instruments, I like that
The birds of the night, The Frogs 1, The Frogs 2 - let's call them "interesting" or "experimental" but not useful as background music for a game.
Twang - nice acoustic guitar song, but too many volume differences for the guitar samples, and does not need to play with stereo effects, nice highscore screen music or for a text scroller part
World Ghost - Inspector Gadget goes Free Jazz
XpMe, I am very impressed! 400++ songs like those on your site? Cool!
And even if one doesn't like all of them - you will surely find something for your games!

Just one more question and a suggestion from my side:
Question first:
Your "Terms of use" state that I am allowed to give away the songs with my games. How do I protect them so that I don't give them away for free (what I kind of do if I release a game for free for example)? Or would I be fine if I just add some text to the game that says it's forbidden to rip the music?

And now for the suggestion:
Games are driven by music. Many games need fast music. I found some nice songs which are just too slow for a game (my personal opinion, of course). So I would prefer "faster" and "pushing" music. I hope you understand what I try to explain...
....but maybe it's just me thinking of too many shooter games  :P

Anyway, the rest of you, go and listen to some music!

Cheers,
Tommy

XpMe_v1.2

If the music is exposed or it is embedded with your other files and you think that it can be exposed then... Just state that the music is copyrighted material and is not free to be redistibuted except with or within your program.

If you are able to look inside the music files you will see my copyright notices and other text.

Also anyone who uses these music file are 'using them'. I still own them.
You can use them in your programs 100 years from now. You can become rich
using them or fail to sell any program with them.
I'm not asking for anymore money if you got rich except the membership price
which is actually real low compared with what I have seen on the internet.

For Members... remember that You and Jane in another part of the world and also
Ross who lives in Antartica can 'use' the SAME music file(or files).
And Todd(in Idaho USA) 42,434 days from now also can. And if anyone have or
have had membership or I have or in the future release it as a royalty free download.
That's the idea of these music files.

Also there is so many ways to use words. I'm trying to keep 'Terms of use' easy
to read but I will have to update it again.     It's  updated just now.

Their is faster music here and there in all those music files but a person will have  to seek them out. Wimpy Player will speed a search. Just slowly scroll down a list.
I find that it is easy to use.

Thank's for the review and comments.
...XpMe v1.2

thaaks

QuoteIf the music is exposed or it is embedded with your other files and you think that it can be exposed then... Just state that the music is copyrighted material and is not free to be redistibuted except with or within your program.
I'm fine with that.

I removed the detailed and well done explanation from the quote to reduce posting size. Thanks for the precise information!
QuoteI'm not asking for anymore money if you got rich except the membership price
which is actually real low compared with what I have seen on the internet.
Agreed. For comparison have a look at the Indiegamer's Art and Sound portfolio and see what money some people ask for their royalty free music.
QuoteAlso there is so many ways to use words. I'm trying to keep 'Terms of use' easy
to read but I will have to update it again.     It's  updated just now.
Thanks. It's also difficult for non native speakers to understand everything in detail sometimes. Especially cause we might have to doublecheck if for example US legal terms match german legal terms.
QuoteTheir is faster music here and there in all those music files but a person will have  to seek them out. Wimpy Player will speed a search. Just slowly scroll down a list.
I find that it is easy to use.
Yes, wimpy player is cool for browsing the files. And it's only one month until my birthday. I might give me my own music gift  :D
QuoteThank's for the review and comments.
You're welcome. I enjoyed browsing the music files last night!

Cheers,
Tommy

XpMe_v1.2

I took a quick look  at  ' Indiegamer's Art and Sound portfolio ' and it reminds me about what I saw when I was looking at other site prices last month.
My birthday was yesterday when I was answering your questions.
...XpMe v1.2

XpMe_v1.2

For the people who are asking about the newly upgraded
version of  Eyepiece.exe.  I have placed the new working
version (version 2.0) online today for a freeware download.
The complete version will be finished in a couple of weeks.

Also...
I'm still offering to 2 people FREE membership to my
music ' It is now changed to a   6   months free  offer '
Just read the above posts #6 and #7 and the other
posts  and take advantage of this free offer.
This offer will now stay open until I accept 2 offers.
:rolleyes:
...XpMe v1.2

XpMe_v1.2

Just to let you know that my music site has reached 500 music files in the music areas.
I was planning to increase membership price but decided the price is just fine.
Or you may buy some or all on CDs.
And all button selections have been checked to ensure they work.
A couple did not for the last few days. They do now.
All the freeware programs are written completely in Play Basic.
If you any find bugs. Let me know.
I have a new program not released yet because I can not find the cause
for it exiting on its on with no error messages. Its called PNG Sort.  (bmp,png,jpg)
A nice way to sort your images and copy them to a new folder with reorginized names.
I'll release it when I solve the bug.
...XpMe v1.2

XpMe_v1.2

I have updated the royalty free downloads to 91.
It's inside the sample player. So now you may listen and
download a complete sample while listening to the tunes
instead of just downloading zip files.  :o
...XpMe v1.2

kevin

I'd been meaning to link you from the PB home page for ages, only just got around to it.   http://www.playbasic.com/

XpMe_v1.2

I have just placed a   1 MONTH SPECIAL OFFER
on my site.
From August  29th  2006   to    September  29th  2006
Anyone who pays and registers for membership to this site will get 8 months membership instead of 6 months.
that's  2  FREE  MONTHS MEMBERSHIP   for the same price that was listed if you were to sign up yesterday.
...XpMe v1.2