Main Menu

Mag-Man :: 72 hour entry

Started by Calypson, November 18, 2006, 11:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calypson

Progress thus far:

I'll post the download once the competition is complete

kevin

That's some rather beautiful pixel work you've got going on there !

Deano

"Black holes are a result of God dividing the universe by zero."-Steven Wright

Calypson

FINISHED!  YAY!

gameplay turned out to be a bit more stategic than fast-paced, but meh.  Fun stuff anyway.  Try it, you'll like it!  make sure to view the help files in-game!  Half way through the competition I discovered that the rules state "no stock-sound allowed."  I'm not much of a composer, but for someone who doesn't read music I think I did fairly well.

Download:

Download Mag-Man (login required)

Screenshot:

Credits:
Programming   - Bugboy, Indigo
Art           - Alex Hansen-White, Indigo
Level Design  - Alex Hansen-White
Sound         - Indigo

results of the 72 hour compo:

link

Dr pepper cans = 42
Time allotted to drink = 3days
stress level = FU!
sanity = 0

kevin

Yes, this is indeed rather cool.   You guys seem to be making a habit of coming up with nice quality products in minimal time.    Although, is there any reason why your using a prehistoric version of PB ? :)

Calypson

thanks kevin.  I had to reinstall playbasic, and didn't download the update.  You know though, its actually very hard to find the most recent update patch.  Maybe you can put it on your main site that's easily accessable?

kevin

Perhaps the Maintenance forum would be a good place to start in future. :)

Update Blog (login required)
Retail Patches (login required)

BlinkOk

absolutely stunning stuff as usual. just fantastic!

Cheeslord

Just played it last night ... very good! I wish I could get the level of presentation you have here. Are you going to develop it further now the competition is over?( its such a good concept; it deserves more levels, and maybe improced collision detection)

Mark.