News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

RND Asteroids!

Started by gvillarreal, March 12, 2007, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvillarreal

That's 'Red Nose Day' Asteroids...

Made this 'red' remake of the classic Asteroids game for the UK 'Red Nose Day Comic Relief' fundraising game challenge hosted by the guys over at TGC - http://www.thegamecreators.com.

This is our first complete game using only PB - we are pleased with the results, hope you are too!

Download the zip file here!  http://www.exnihilostudios.com/development/RNDasteroids.zip

We are looking for several experienced pixel artists for our next game already in the works...please inquire at gvillarreal@exnihilostudios.com

Here's a few pics to whet your appetite!
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."  - Morpheus

Unplugging one mind at a time...

kevin

Gil,

Nice... I must say that this really is a well put together game.  Has everything thing i'd expect and more. Runs well, plays well, even has some presentational stuff in menus etc. 

gvillarreal

Kevin,

Thanks for your kind comments, they are appreciated.  :D

If I can wax philosophical for a moment...IMO, polish is what makes any game stand out.  I wrote this game in coding frenzy over last weekend, but it wasn't *really* finished until just a day ago when I had gone back over every little detail and added the 'polish' that I had originally designed for the finished game.  Even as simple a game as an Asteroids clone, done well, deserves the time and attention to polish every element of gameplay and visual presentation.  Those are my standards anyways - glad to hear that you appreciate them too, Kevin.

I know you already have an Asteroids clone in your PB game demos that come with the install, but I would be happy to offer this to your 'complete' game demo selections, with source...if you are interested.

Cheers!
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."  - Morpheus

kevin

I meant to reply ages ago..

I know you already have an Asteroids clone in your PB game demos that come with the install, but I would be happy to offer this to your 'complete' game demo selections, with source...if you are interested.

Sure, we're in dire need for finished content  !

gvillarreal

Great, just let me know where I should send the zip of the source, and I'll do it when I return home - we've just landed in Las Vegas for a wedding and potrait photography convention, so I'm away from my development pc... :(