B'lox! - Easter game entry at RetroRemakes

Started by Ian Price, March 19, 2007, 09:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Every special occasion (and not so special occasion) is marked by simple mini-comps over at Retro Remakes. The latest, being to create a puzzle game with Easter tacked on in some way (no matter how minimally). Entries have to be in by 8th April 2007.

Here is an early WIP of my entry. It only contains 9 puzzles so far, but they are quick and easy to make - hoping to have 20+ ready for the deadline.

Grab it HERE

If anybody wishes to create any puzzles, then I'd be glad to play them and will include them with the game :)
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Adaz

Very good! I've played a lot:)

I found a bug or misfunction. The block moves with the right mouse button too, but the gray frame doesn't appear.

How did you implement the menu system and the about window? With wingui.dll?

Ádáz

Hungary

Ian Price

So they do - I don't know why that happens, there is no right button test in the game at all! Some digging required, methinks. Cheers Adaz. :)

The Windows system is all down to my own functions - no .DLLs or other libraries were used - just PB.

kevin

Ian,

Nice, but with all these releases  i'm going to have to start paying you ! :)

Ian Price

WIP update - now includes 24 puzzles

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/B'lox_wip.rar

The only feature missing is Test Puzzle from the editor.

:)

Once this is complete I'll remove the Easter theme and up it to the CodeTank.

kevin

It'd be nice to have packaged version for download also.

Ian Price

OK. Will do :)

[EDIT]
BTW When I said remove the Easter theme, I meant replace with standard imagery and sfx etc. and remove all Easter references.

I've also now packed the WIP with molebox into a single .EXE and the data files. Same link as above.

Ian Price

Here is an update to the data file. Now includes 40 full levels to frustrate and annoy.

Just unzip and place the "data" file into the game folder. :)

kevin

Ian Price

The game is complete and I even added an extra "Easter Egg" to it - a sliding block puzzle, featuring a rabbit and a duck, just for Easter :)

I've still only got 40 levels, but they've been infuriating the Retro Remakes crowd and it's currently ahead (slightly) in the vote off - http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=9197.

I'll sort out a version for the CodeTank later. :)

kevin

Alex

are you sure all these puzzles are solvable?
There are certain levels which there are no possible way to solve.

edit: ah nevermind, just took another shot at it and solved some of them.. >_< these are hard.

Ian Price

Sorry, but you are wrong. Every single puzzle has been tested by me at least twice and every single one can be completed. Even Wild Orchid, which the Retro Remakes forumites are pulling their hair out with. There are at least two guys over there that have finished all puzzles.

You just have to try harder :)

Alex

yeah, wild orchid is killing me..  :o
any hints?