Challenge #6 - Rotating Text Scroller

Started by kevin, March 27, 2007, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Challenge #6 - Rotating Text Scroller

This time your challenge is to create a Text Scroller that can be rotated, scaled in real time.   This challenge could be as easy or technical depending upon your approach.

Submission

* Submissions can be written in any version of PlayBasic

* Submission can only be accepted in Source Code form only.

* Authors can use external Media (images/music) provided you created the media,  have permission to use somebody else's media or the media is public domain.

* Zip up your Submissions and please try to keep it smaller than 500K !

* Authors automatically give consent for their submission(s) to distributed and used for promotional purposes via UnderwareDesign.com, PlayBasic code tank.

* Authors can submit as many times as they like.

* To make a submission, zip up your projects source code + media and either post it in this thread, or create your own a thread the Source Codes or Show Case forums and post a link bellow.

Dead Line

Anytime before the next ice age

kevin

Rotated Scroller

This example creates a rotating scroll text with perspective echoes of itself.     Use the Up/Down Arrows to change the number of echoes...

Written in PB1.62

Download
  Get Code From PB Code Tank

Ian Price

I didn't even see this challenge and I haven't caught up with the others yet :(
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Ian Price

Sorry for the double post, but I've just tried this and I get an error message - "Error in <C:\Program Files\PlayBasic\SLib\fonts.pba>,55: Fatal Error - Font #5 Does Not Exist."

:(

kevin

Ian Price

kevin

1.69D (login required) is current fx prototype.   No idea if it'll work in that or not.

Ian Price

You're updating too often! Obviously I missed that one.

[EDIT] I had actually downloaded it - and put it into my PB folder - just never extracted it. D'oh.

BTW That scroller does work now. Excellent stuff :)