TOTALLY FINAL VERSION of A.S.S. no more updates...ever

Started by monkeybot, February 11, 2008, 10:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybot

version with FX images now up,hopefully the speed issue has been resolved

Big C.

hey monkey,

thx for your pm... I'm proud to see that you are working on your game... Some has changed since your last public version...  ;D

In order to answer your question: Your game works very softly and quickly on my PC... and.... and that is much more interesting... I could delete ALL your files... including the used fonts and that without problems  ;D

For you as information:

I had already made myself worries, whether nevertheless the problem is presumably due to my PC. Since I could'nt have any look onto your source code, I began last week, to program my own version for test purposes... you find the result as an attachement... Whether it becomes ever ready?... who knows... :)  feedback is anyway desired... ;D

Oh... One thing still...  The scroll text looks like this with me, as in the attachment... Wanted?

Big C.

monkeybot

hmm looks like the font hasn't loaded,do the fonts used look standard?

Big C.

see attached hardcopy...

One more hint for you: after pressing Alt-Print to make hardcopy I want changed to desktop to start my favorite graphicstool... so I'm pressed win-Key and then I got the 2nd attachment...

If I start your game I can see and read...

loaded digitek.ttf

black screen

loading fonts

loading abduction.ttf

after that I see the start screen...

monkeybot

thanks for the feedback BigC,as i thought the fonts,haven't loaded,darn ... I am going to have to convert to bitmap fonts,i thought i had finished the bloody thing.it should look like the image below

Big C.

hmmmm...

ok, thats the reason for

QuoteI could delete ALL your files... including the used fonts and that without problems
:(

Big C.

ok monkey,

your last version is running fine... With your bitmap fonts I see the different  ;D.... but the error on pressing win-key while your game is running attempts furthermore to me...

Its your turn to fix it or not... anyway... you have make a good job...

cheers Big C.

monkeybot

Thanks Big C
the win key  thing is strange i think i might ask kevin