Main Menu

Team Calypson's Progress

Started by Calypson, June 04, 2007, 06:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calypson

here will be posted our progress as we continue development...

to get things started, our first primitive mock:

these tiles were a BUGGAR to make... ugh  :P

Crab Morph Concept:

Crab Morph:  (work in progress)

thats it for tonight,

-Dan

Rembrandt Q Einstein

The game's been coming along slowly.  Both of us are busy this summer.  But we know we can pull it together by the end of the month.  It might be a while before the next update, but don't count us out :)

Rembrandt Q Einstein

Indigo_Leviathan_V001.zip was a link to our final submission.  Those of you who play it will probably notice we spent a fair amount of time working on the engine, tiles,  and music/sound, but had little time near the end of the competition to polish and make the menu, and incorperate everything as we would have liked.

Expect a version much better in every way in the future.

Edit: removed deadlink to

Rembrandt Q Einstein

ps paste link into address bar.  Oh, and controls are mouse to aim, left click to shoot, right click for special weapon, mid-mouse scroll and click for morphs, w,a,s,d to move.

Draco9898

Very interesting, you worked on the opposite of what I got done. I worked far too much on menus, screen fx, and player/enemy/enemy spawner logic and graphics and got probably the same amount of work done. :)
I ran into ALOT of stumbling blocks unfortunately :( (1. let's see, first off I want to kill my brand spanking new graphics card for seemingly not supporting 320x240 NATIVELY without blurring, either because of the hardware or their crappy drivers. I don't think its my monitor as I was using a AGP slot 5200 fx that worked just fine on it. 2. I got a lot of logic errors inside my code frequently and had to fish them out so-to-speak, weather I'm just unlucky or it's my fault :) Gotta love when your enemy spawn events are setting all the enemies to active status for almost no reason at all.
Not much gameplay stuff in mine. :( :( I did however, get ALOT and I mean alot of stuff working with-in the last 48 hours of the competition and that makes me very happy. It was enthralling to see a game come together so quickly with only one person on-board.

your game-
music :The music in your game is nice, I hope to become as good some time in the future and make a career out of it :)

Code : something strange is, I went to the map thats adjacent and downwards of the first one and I got hit by something before I could see it and it just gave me "game over". I tried it again and subsequently it gave me "victory". A bit buggy? :) Oh well, I really like how your ship rotates forward/backward and how the walls even affect this.

You'll be able to compare source with me after I link it here on the forums. perhaps we could 'borrow' each others code? ha ha, then we would have more completed games...You'd have a fully working menu/input config system and I'd have mapping.

Til' next competition guys. :)
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Rembrandt Q Einstein

I agreed to give Kevin the code, so you can check it out then along with level editor.  And yes, the "menu", levels, sounds, and some art were all put together on the few hours due to our busy, confliciting schedules these past couple weeks, so there are sure to be some bugs with those things.

Yeah, there's a starfish guard you gotta watch out for.  You get the jellyfish morph by clearing the right room.  Flourescent jellyfish lights up the dark.  Unfortunately, it's hard to tell my green square made in MS Paint has that skill ;)

Our music was done by Dan, an old friend of ours who never fails to make excellent material.  He made sound too.  Unfortunately, i forgot to lower the master music level, so the sounds are too quiet.

--

link to your game?  angelfire has one billion mb of filespace and is super easy.

kevin

locally attached these screen shots