"team" DragonBytes game, Aquarius

Started by Draco9898, June 09, 2007, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

um yeah it's me and my game...

June 9th-> The nightmare begins, the game is being patched together from scratch. Drew the first ship, I had an old ship I had created, but it wasn't received well at all, hopefully this is much better.

June 10th-> Basic title screen, key-binding options

Ship type A->
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

Draco9898

Definitely, yes, almost everything will be animated
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

Draco9898

Normal charged shot, rapid fire shots, "we're" looking into a type of chain hook thing, ricocheting shots, seekers, a big laser which kind-of whips around if you move up/down, etc.

Draco9898

-I'm not dead

Built a new computer from scratch and had to format. :( Luckily, this is what storing your precious game data on CDs and Usb drives is for!
It's a very very nice rig and it was (well, generally...) inexpensive to boot!

Still playing with graphics, the devils in the details (Cliche' or not). Those darn pixels! (want to help me some, Indigo?)

Draco9898

kevin

Look good, buts that's rather small screen size ?

Draco9898

It's arcade shoot-em'-up size/resolution. The Snes only used 256 X 224! Sega genesis...bit larger.

kevin

Draco9898

1990's.

I could double it, but that means I'd have to re-draw the sprites double size, haha :) Hey, at least I'm not using stock-art. When you draw the art on a per-pixel level it can get demanding.

Rembrandt Q Einstein

That's looking nice, the ship especially.  Ya Indigo's working with me this time. 

Are the mountains part of the playing world?

Draco9898

The 'underwater sand dunes' in the background are a mere background parralaxing layer. I have yet to get crunching on a good desat brown-grey-blue mountain-y tileset. I also have to scrape together a level editor :(

kevin

So what's actually running ?   This could be one horse race :)

Draco9898

Now working:Enemies, background, shipmovement, titlescreen, options(with custom key config), health bars.

The list of things to do is quite frightening and is probably so long I don't feel like typing it here.

Thanks to my "wonderful" graphics card and/or playbasic (hey, not blaming anyone here, but it certianly doesn't do this in other small games! I.E: 320x240). I have to capture screens in full screen mode and play with the graphics being really blurry (ouchies), but for some reason print screen captures EXACTLY what I need my screen to actually look-like, pure pixels (how ironic..).
OR I can play with it in full screen windowed mode, having it still blurry (but a lot less blurry), and print screen accurately captures the blurriness of the screen :P
Painful, as I've tried turning everything inside the card off, (AA, anisotropic filtering) but to no avail...(STILL!). It's completely baffling, to be sure.