News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

"team" DragonBytes game, Aquarius

Started by Draco9898, June 09, 2007, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

->
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

Draco9898

Cooking a tile set with the Trevster' in just 30 minutes. OR ZOMG, I can't believe it's monday in Australia
I already worked on this lot already, just it's go time on trying to finish tiles and polish it. I admit I think I could do better. Oh well! It's made alittle easier if you can cheat some tiles and make them look like they go together when they're not really supposed to.
<ego booster>
I think it looks better then many people could do
< end ego booster>

I have no clue what I'm going to do for music because I'm not that great (yet?). At least I guess I could go searching thru my musics and make some good super reverb 'ed drums.
At least I have a professional hardware synth! Isn't it someone who said a man is only as good as his tools...or was that vice-versa? hmmm, yeeeah  ;D.

and under the tileset are assists. Which would be like bits or whatever on r-type. You may ask, draco/trev, why are you so derivative? I don't know, it's just all I know :) It's easier to do something that works than something new that probably won't work. Not to mention I'm on a time crunch. yum. Hey, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!

On a out of topic thought, Would anyone be interested in a pre-made pack of sound effects (for playbasic or not)? I've created a large amount of them, and I'm wondering if I could make some scratch errr- if anyone would be interested in a pack you could purchase? Let's say around $5-$10 for 80+ sounds. Various spell sounds, metal sounds, shooter sounds, etc. All  under a licensee, such as you can use them for any kind-of project,etc, as long as you don't share them or sell them yourself for profit, etc.
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Draco9898

Running out of time, PANIC.

I don't think I'll stand a chance, but let's see how much freaking stuff I can chuck into my game in...

8 hours.

CAFFEINE good

Draco9898

Hey still working on this for fun despite the compo is all over. It's kind-of embarrassing it didn't have any gameplay at all.

using a shape for the players collision against everything is turning out real good.

you can now kill enemies, the enemies shoot bullets, I fixed big issues with enemy spawn events(just spawn a whole bunch of enemies at once instead of 1-by-1), the player loses HP from enemy bullets, etc. The players sprite strangely wasn't centered.

kevin

It's good to hear that you're still working on it. 

Quoteusing a shape for the players collision against everything is turning out real good.

why not just use Pixel Perfect mode ?