News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Official Ballistic Blaster Players Poll

Started by kevin, August 02, 2007, 02:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think is the best overall game ?

Aquarius by Trevor Dunbar
0 (0%)
Cafe Fuego by Phillip Burke
0 (0%)
Leviathan (UnderSea DeathSquad 7) by Indigo
1 (14.3%)
Super Nova by Phillip Burke
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

kevin

Official Ballistic Blaster Players Poll

Please pick the game that you think is best overall game. Feel free to add any comments about what you liked and what you didn't. If you're going to critic something, then make sure it's constructive. Criticism for the sake of it will NOT be tolerated !

Note: Player Poll Votes are NOT counted in an entries final score in the competition.  This is just to give developers some feedback !

Moose

SuperNova feels the most like an actual game to me.  I actually had quite a bit of fun blasting away until I died.

Cafe Fuego had a hilarious storyline, but the gameplay kinda put me to sleep.

Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't get anything to die in Aquarius.

With Leviathan we just didn't finish the game.  To beat what we turned in is actually a bit of a challenge, but I'm not sure how much fun it is.

Draco9898

QuoteMaybe it was just me, but I couldn't get anything to die in Aquarius.

Yea I ran out of time...errr- big time. Yea. :) Theres no actual routine for it :( I think I'm going to cry.

I'm working more on it now.
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Rembrandt Q Einstein

Yes I think you and I both gave time to the wrong areas Draco.  Supernova gets my vote for "overall game" because it's the only game I could see someone picking up and not needing an explanation and not saying to themselves "why didn't they just finish/add..."

The lesson to be learned here is to shoot for seomthing you can finish in the deadline.  Phillip Burke clearly knows how to do this.  Cafe Fuego also got all the essentials down.  I might have liked a run button though ;)

kevin

QuoteThe lesson to be learned here is to shoot for seomthing you can finish in the deadline.

Too true.    This tends to be stumbling block so many people get caught by.    It's almost seems a right of passage for many,  I was no different btw.    Wasted many an hour fumbling around focusing on the things that just aren't important (still do :) )  only to stumble on the actual game mechanics.   

Phillip has been bit of a dark horse really.   While searching for links to the Ballistic Blaster announcement a few months ago.  I'd  noticed a blog where he was working on  Cafe project for the compo.    But wasn't aware of the Super Nova until it landed in my inbox.    It might be simple to some, but it's the type of game I was basically expecting (actually, i'd assumed we'd see 5 more asteroids clones - I know there was at least one in the works..)      All in all it's simple, fun little blaster..

philltec

Hi,
Aquarius - Like the graphics on this, especially the stuff that's been added since submission!

Leviathan - Good concept with nice control method. This could turn into an epic!

Thanks for your kind comments! I was put off programming for a bit but might start again.

http://philltec.googlepages.com/home

Rembrandt Q Einstein

Hey, glad to see the comments ans score breakdown.  I got a lot of good feedback and was interested to hear what the three judges had to say about the games.  I thought Quetzal gave some particurly good advice and saw what our long-term plans for the game were.  I also liked the ideas for expansion of Cafe Fuego by Kevin and Quetzal and would be very interested in a more in-depth game.

A lot of the suggestions for our game have been corrected (included crosshairs, actually coming back after you die, etc) along with new content.  So a more complete version should surface sometime in the coming weeks.