Challenge #9 - Character Path Controller

Started by kevin, August 03, 2007, 12:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Challenge #9 - Character Path Controller

This challenge your goal is create some path controller code that will allow a series of 10 characters (or more if you like) to follow a pre-defined path.   The characters in the group should follow the path in single file.  Much like you'd see in old school shoot-em-ups.

Submission

* Submissions can be written in any version of PlayBasic

* Submission can only be accepted in Source Code form only.

* Authors can use external Media (images/music) provided you created the media/and or have permission to distribute somebody else's media or the media in the public domain.

* Zip up your Submissions and please try to keep it smaller than 500K !

* Authors automatically give consent for their submission(s) to distributed and used for promotional purposes via UnderwareDesign.com, PlayBasic code tank.

* Authors can submit as many times as they like.

* To make a submission, zip up your projects source code + media and either post it in this thread, or create your own a thread the Source Codes or Show Case forums and post a link bellow.

Dead Line

Anytime before the next ice age

Rembrandt Q Einstein

hmm, that's an interesting one.  I'll have to give it a try this week.  This'll bring me back to my Gradius III days ;) 

Rembrandt Q Einstein

Here's what I did for enemy path movement.  I also wanted to take the opportunity to play with playbasic inheritance, so I used a lot of that.

I might add some other ways for ships to get to the next point (like vector movement), but I gotta get back to Leviathan, so I wouldn't count on it.

Edit: The lame art is all mine, one sound is Danny's, and two come from the new axis.

kevin

Rembrandt Q Einstein

Thanks, you never know when you'll want to make a horizonal shooter, so i spent some time to make it easy to expand on.  And I stole some code from Leviathan, like the particles.

BTW, high score 1635

kevin

Here's a library to help users create paths for characters to navigate.

Movement Path Library Example