Spiffy logo for PlayBasic...

Started by DavidGervais, October 18, 2007, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidGervais

I just bought PlayBasic and as an artist I was inspired to make this..

PlayBasicLogo2.jpg

It's not in any way 'official', butI'll probably use it or a variation in my programs to show that PlayBasic was used to create the software.

Cheers! :)

P.S. I also made a new custom icon.. (here is a .gif version for your viewing pleasure)

PlayBasicIcon.gif

I'm a Fan, Are You?

Fash

For PC game/demo music visit
Future Developments

kevin

Yep nice.   Have any other designs, primarily ones without the dolphin ?

DavidGervais

You interested in a now logo Kevin? I could see if I can wip something up. any ideas for replacing the dolphin?

I'm a Fan, Are You?

kevin

Quoteany ideas for replacing the dolphin?

Anything... :)

SpellSword

I've always liked the PB dolphin.  8)

Excellent logo DavidGervais.
When I dream,
I carry a sword in one hand,
a gun in the other...

DavidGervais

Here Is Something I whipped up.. (sorry photobucket is down for maintenance.. I'll see if the image can be attached here.)

I'm a Fan, Are You?

DavidGervais

And here is a sample of an icon..

Cheers!
I'm a Fan, Are You?

Hugo

My opinion: since the app is called PlayBasic, maybe the logo should have something in that line, for example a joystick or something that instantly indicates that the language is optimized for game creation.

hartnell

As much as I respect the o'reillyness of the current logo, I have to second Hugo. Besides, isn't there a book with a dolphin already? :)

-- hartnell

kevin

Hugo,

This has been discussed a number of times (although some more in depth one's aren't visible to members) , so there's a number of threads about it spread across the forums.  i.e.

New PB Logos (login required)
  PlayBASIC Logo (login required)

The current logo simply the best of what was available at the time.  We've tried on numerous occasions to get updated/replaced, without much luck.  

Hugo

hartnell

I can do it vector, but it would have to be in Macromedia (yeah, macromedia, not adobe) Fireworks format. It would be no problem. I could submit a starter and change it according to specifications until it "clicks."

-- hartnell

DavidGervais

Another thing I whipped up..

PlayBasicLogo3.jpg

Cheers!

Edited to update the graphic, you may need to hit Ctrl+F5 to refresh the picture.
I'm a Fan, Are You?

Adaz

Quote from: DavidGervais on March 12, 2008, 03:24:02 PM
Another thing I whipped up..
Cheers!
A lot more nice I think, but the text could be nicer.

Ádáz

Hungary