WIP: Green7's Project (Never Dawn) -> the level editor

Started by Green7, June 19, 2008, 04:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaaks

Quote from: Andreas on July 01, 2008, 08:29:26 AM

QuoteThe forum community? Or do you pay for private support?
jealous? ;D

No, I'm not jealous at all. I just think that asking questions in the forums does help more people. Everyone can read the thread and learn from the answers (or even the questions).

I see this as my preferred way to become a true PB ninja coder  ;)

@Green7: I hope I didn't offend you - that is not my intention! That's why I added the smiley at my post above!

Cheers,
Tommy

Green7

QuoteI'll be on holiday that week  :)
How dare you! ;)

QuoteOn this board there is only a handfull of true ninja coders. There arts are rare and mostly hidden from view.
In times of peril one can summon these ancient craftsmen
and gain the clairvoyance and vigor to overthrow ones own demons.
May their powers and spirits be with me... or at last the tea... erm is there a chance to get some beer instead?;D

Quote@Green7: I hope I didn't offend you - that is not my intention! That's why I added the smiley at my post above!
Naah, it takes much more to offend me, and sarcasm is always a funny thing to me. ;)
In fact i apreciate the existance of this forum and the recource of whisdom it provides, until today it served well. Ok,  i started with PB about a mont ago and got some experience with DBPro, but im happy with the amount of information i'm getting here.

Quoteasking questions in the forums does help more people. Everyone can read the thread and learn from the answers (or even the questions).
True.

Green7

Sorry for double post and for bumping, but i made some progress... ;)
Updates on thread 1, take a look... Wink

kevin

Still Looks good.   As for double posting,  well this thread is pretty much you're WIP blog.. So blog away..

Green7

Green7

BTW: i'm back and coding... since two weeks. time 's getting short soon, and there is some work to do. expect a thread with ingame shots soon. ;)

Tax-5

It would be great to have the Key Shortcuts explained.. the Editor is mostly self explaining but there are surely some functions in there that arent self explaining
:)

Green7

QuoteIt would be great to have the Key Shortcuts explained.. the Editor is mostly self explaining but there are surely some functions in there that arent self explaining

you're right, i forgot to wirte a helpfile for the editor. although, there is only one shortcut: press "g" to toggle the grid keys on and off, thats it. the whole rest is controlled by mouse. ;)

but im planning on writing a little "how to" for the website, explaining rules and giving tips.

Tax-5

Yes.. i noticed that "G" toggles the Grid on or off...
i was trying to figure out how to scroll in the editor.. i cant edit the whole map...
resizing the window only stretches the editor.. all other keys or possibilties wont work...

are online in icq once in a lifetime?
:)

Green7

Quotei was trying to figure out how to scroll in the editor.. i cant edit the whole map...
oh, shizzle, i forgot that, you can press the middle mouse button and then drag the mouse left or right. :P

Quoteare online in icq once in a lifetime?
here i come! ;D