News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

WIP: Green7's Project (Never Dawn) -> the game

Started by Green7, September 04, 2008, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green7

As you may know, i own already a thread for this project, for the editor. this thread is for the game itself.
Time is running towards end of compo, and there is still some work to be done... lets hurry!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09-5

Traps now give damage to player. i  guess i need a "game over" screen... ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09-7

Made a ingame main-menu and a load custom map dialogue.
2008-09-14

detailed the character, made a level exit and a game over screen.
2008-09-18

Startup Screens, game over screens and different stuff done
2008-09-21

Ingame Help Screen and credits done. Mappacks Snow and Hills allmost done, Lava WIP, Ruins WIP, Level Sounds WIP.
2008-09-28

Allmost everything is done now. only some levels and sound FX are left. i think i will get that project done.
Special thx to Tax-5 (www.tax-5.ch, website is in german, but take a ear full of his music).
But thereare allso losses, i killed the ruins tileset.
2008-09-29

sound fx all done, 2 maps left (now i'm happy i made a editor!).

Work done:
-load maps
-player controll
-some sound fx
-working doors+keys
-working collision system
-make damages to player work
-ingame main menu
-ingame "load custom maps" menu
-detailing the WIP character
-game over screen
-level exit-> pass to next level
-ingame startup screens (logos+ stuff)
-credits screen  ;D
-ingame help
-Tilesets: Lava
-kinda "storybook to connect levels"
-ingame sound FX
-Music (by Tax5)

Work to be done:
-maps

Dead Ideas (RIP)  :'( :
-Tilesets: Ruins

ingame screen:

Adaz

Ádáz

Hungary

Big C.

yes... i'm hippeling to play a ready version... looks very good...  ;D

Green7

thx guys! ;D
I 'd like to give you a beta-demo, but i got only a learning edition from PBA, so i only could do this by giving away teh codez...
don't take it as an offence if i would not do so before the compo ends. but i think about it, if it reaches a state of a nearly completion.

Green7

slayer93

Looking cool...

Darn I haven't had time to work on mine and the deadline is so close.

monkeybot

kevin

We'll be lucky to get enough entries at this rate :)

Green7

QuoteWe'll be lucky to get enough entries at this rate
What if there are not enough entries?
Its a shame, i seldom had such fun in working on a project like this time. back to oldscool FTW! ;)
I was nearly 4 weeks off in between, had some other weeks where i was too tired for coding, cause real life is entertaining (got 2 kids and a fulltime job as steel building designer), but i got at last a shade of a game. so there should be more entries, with far better chances! thanks to tommy, hope he gets his project done, so at last there is somewhat a feeling of a compo...
all others that too work on a project entry, please register to the forum and post your work! this forum needs some vital signs from new folks, at last in this corner here! 

kevin

QuoteWhat if there are not enough entries?

In order to have any form of legitimate competition there really needs to be three entries at least.   I've heard of various other tidbits in the works (games not mentioned here), which is same as other years really.  However, if previous years are anything to go by, we'll be lucky to see one of these make the dead line. 

thaaks

So now that there are at least 3 entries in the compo - may the best one win (and the others too  ;))!

Looking forward to play your game, it looks really great!

Cheers,
Tommy

Green7

thx, tommy, but yours looking good too, even better , i think. i should have used antialiased sprites, alpha channel stuff. but, on the other hand, i wanted to look it retro, so it is maybe better this way. who knows. ;)
Im lookin forward to play your entry too, its always good to test some games.

slayer93

Nice job on your game Green7 can't wait to try it out :)

QuoteIn order to have any form of legitimate competition there really needs to be three entries at least.

So if there wasn't three entries then the competition would be canceled, good thing I entered then as I was contemplating on whether I should enter it :P

Green7

yeah, slayer, im glad you entered your game, really. it would have been a sad thing if there where not enough entries.
id' like to play your game too, and i'm interrested in how it is done. learning new stuff, i hope. ;)

kevin

QuoteSo if there wasn't three entries then the competition would be canceled, good thing I entered then as I was contemplating on whether I should enter it

I'd be very reluctant to cancel to it,  I would certainly understand any sponsors wanting to withdraw support.