WIP: Green7's Project (Never Dawn) -> the game

Started by Green7, September 04, 2008, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green7

Got News!

The Map sahring server is now up and running! share your maps and have phun! ;D

http://turtle.freezoka.com/

monkeybot

i downloaded from your server,the game now runs but crashes at irregular times but no longer than 30 seconds.

[System Summary]

Item   Value   
OS Name   Microsoft Windows XP Professional   
Version   5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600   
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation   
System Name   JPXPCOMP   
System Manufacturer   Acer   
System Model   Aspire 6920   
System Type   X86-based PC
Core 2 DUO 2ghz   
Processor   x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1994 Mhz   
Processor   x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz   
BIOS Version/Date   Acer V1.02, 04/03/2008   
SMBIOS Version   2.4   
Windows Directory   E:\WINDOWS   
System Directory   E:\WINDOWS\system32   
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume2   
Locale   United Kingdom   
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "5.1.2600.3023 (xpsp_sp2_qfe.061030-0020)"   
User Name   JPXPCOMP\Jason   
Time Zone   GMT Daylight Time   
Total Physical Memory   4,096.00 MB   
Available Physical Memory   2.45 GB   
Total Virtual Memory   2.00 GB   
Available Virtual Memory   1.96 GB   
Page File Space   5.84 GB   
Page File   E:\pagefile.sys   

Green7

hmm, i really do not know what the problem is... it's strange that it acts different on those both versions...

monkeybot

very odd
i wrote a game with PB a while back and BIG C was getting really slow frame rates but most other people were finding it fine.

Green7

Yes... today Tax-5 had some issues with the editor he got from here. they where gone when he took the link copy from my server.
i hoped it would work for you too, but sadly it did not. it worked fine on really every comp in the ofice, and those where really different specs, at last 5 different hardware configs. but i never tryed it on a notebook. if you could ty to shut down every prog running, especialy that "CineDash Media" thingy... try it with the smart close prog, you'll find it on the web somewhere. maybe you got something up and running what disturbes the game. not sure, i'm kinda helpless. :P

kevin

System spec's are pretty useless.  I'd recommend installing the PB learning edition and running it from the IDE.  If there's a runtime error (which the exe don't incllude), it show up here.   

Big C.

congratulation the winner  ::)
I hope, you work already on Never Dawn 2  :P

Tax-5

Thanks...im not the creator of the game but i was beta tester, bug reporter, level designer and musician ^^

Green.7 is currently offline.. when he comes back (should be tommorow) we take on a PLATIN EDITION...
This will content: new tilesets (rock, futura, city and more), new graphics (backgrounds, buttons, menu etc..), additional music (for the added scenes...), "new" soundeffects (done with a soundblaster/dx7 for pure retro dos-game feeling), map pack (with lots of new maps for instant fun) and some minor improvements...

After this we will create a new game (i will get a playbasic license too) together... i love to create games and soundtracks for it...
:)