Main Menu

Writing AVI's In PlayBasic

Started by kevin, January 23, 2010, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Writing AVI's In PlayBasic

After tinkering with various video capturing packages and not really loving the results, I ended up deciding to jst write some wrapper functions for saving an AVI streams (video only) from within a PB program.    While this won't suit everything, it's turning out to be relatively painless to implement into an existing project.  

To use the AVI wrapper, require a few steps,  due to needing to move the image data from PB into a window bitmap, so the AVI writer it happy.     So we're drawing our FX screen as normal (it won't work on Video images!), then copying this to a Windows Bitmap so we can dump it to the Avi stream.   Actually, what I find works best, is first copying the FX screen to another 1/2 sized screen, then copying to it the windows bitmap and dumping that to the avi stream.  Which kills two birds with one stone, 1) it lowers the bandwidth and 2) it allows for the screen image to be post filtered...

Anyway, the main reason for wanting to do this is just to make a manually creating  videos for YouTube of PB games/app's a little easier and without the need for buying 3rd party app's..

PlayBasic Write AVI Test (Sparkles)

Demo Src

ATLUS

kevin

PB AVI Library V0.01 (login required)

ATLUS

kevin

kevin

kevin

ATLUS

YAAC (Yet Another Asteroids Clone) Video
I also tried to make a video for this source but I do not what did not work =(