News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Any progress regarding competition results?

Started by thaaks, October 15, 2008, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaaks

My kids and my wife (!) are nagging me constantly  ::)

Did the judge(s) come up with a decision yet?

Cheers,
Tommy

kevin

One replacement, replacement judge has been located and from what i understand, he's writing up his results now.   I've no idea how far he's got with it, or when to expect a result.   But at least we'll have two judges.

thaaks

kevin

You know,  you could have released a new version by now..  :)

thaaks

;D

But guess what? I'm already working on it  ;)

Just a little slower compared to the last days two weeks of the competition. Otherwise my family gets upset  ::)

slayer93

Sounds good, I really want to work with PB more :D

kevin

Quote from: slayer93 on October 15, 2008, 05:48:09 PM
Sounds good, I really want to work with PB more :D

I'll hook you up later on today. 

kevin

Results

My inbox today currently contains a shiny new set of results from judge two.   However, i've asked this judge to another look over the games and really nit pick what they liked and what they didn't.  Before writing up the final results.    But if he's happy with his assessment, then i'm happy.  So the we'll probably have a result tomorrow sometime. 

The voting system is same as last year, so it's open to fair bit of interpretation on the judges part.  One thing that I should point out though, is just how difficult is it to try and place some type numerical value on such things.   Personally, I found it to be easier to revise ( nit pick) my results some days later.  For the better I think.   

Anyway, it'll all be over soon...

thaaks

There is no objective judge. Every judgement is interpreted. And that's just human and okay.

Doing a competition, thinking of a theme, preparing competition web sites and rules and disclaimers and so on, offering prizes is a huge effort that I deeply respect! You have all rights to judge as you like  ;)

And us competitors should accept the judges' vote. As we should accept the votes/critics of our gamers who like or dislike our games for one or the other reason.

Tax-5

Im sure its not easy to come to a result... the Games are all fantastic (i played your Who stole Waldo yesterday... reminds me of a Jump n Run i played in the 90s.. i dont remember the name....)
I just cant wait to see the results....
:)

slayer93

QuoteI'll hook you up later on today. 

Cool  ;D

Can't wait for the results either

kevin

slayer93