Main Menu

Truck loads, aka fruit fill

Started by micky4fun, February 13, 2009, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

ok took a little longer than i thought , didnt have much time spare as i thought , anyway here it is ,
i will post the code asp , but ile warn you its messy , ile try to tidy it up a bit before posting..
any comments on game will be great..
think its come out pretty good myself , you need to get at least 100 points to get on feature board , if you get more than start feature the extra is banked.
press show payouts for winning payouts ,

3 fruits on a line must be  left 3 or right 3 , but not 3 in middle of reels .

features are as follows ;;   oranges and lemons , 50 point for each orange or lemon shown on reels
                                   cash it in , skill stop
                                    stop a fruit , skill stop , will change rest of line to fruit you stop it on ,
                                    truck loads ,, will pay whatever points show

at the mo win lines maybe a tad on the hard side to get up , i may alter the odds a little , but after all it is spose to end up taking all you money ,

good luck

ps thanks for Playbasic for the chance to do this ,, great stuff ....

mick :)

new download
truck loads (EXE + Source Code) (login required)

kevin

Here's some 1/2 size pictures.   

I must say this is a very well constructed game ! 

Big C.

Hey Mick,

I'm very impressed.. n1 animated and smoothie game but I think u should fine tuning the random generator... I've lost too many bugs xD

Big C.  8)

micky4fun

hi all

Quote[ I must say this is a very well constructed game ! /quote]
Kevin , yes im very pleased with the outcome , more luck than judgement i think and using your type list example help out a lot , did'nt get to some kinda grips with the type list command till the end of the game , suss out about 75% of the type list commands now..

QuoteI think u should fine tuning the random generator
well its quite a basic random generater im using , i will try to slightly re-tune it so more chance of a winning line .also i may try to add  3 on middle of reels as a winning line to ..
will try to do this tomorrow ..

micky4fun

hi all

i have now replaced the download with the new and more easy to win version of truck loads , the random generator is quite a simple one as im pretty useless at coming up with any good code for this kinda stuff ,
i will post source later so you can boost odds even more if you so wish , but lets face it in real life your gonner loss more than win , but as this is just a game i suppose you want it the other way around ..

BlinkOk

awesome work micky! great graphics and super smooth animation.

micky4fun

hi guys

yes thanks for all the comments ,

Quoteawesome work micky! great graphics and super smooth animation.
yes is nice n smooth on my machine , but i tried it on my brothers over then weekend and it was very slow , he has a mid spec machine but a poor graphics card so must be down to graphics card why it ran very slow ,
i could have speed things up a little by having all stationary graphics draw on main background image as just one image rather that writing some stationary graphics over the background image if you know what i mean.
i did use PNG for images , this speed things up a lot..
as for the main game decided not to have middle 3 fruits as a winning line as 1st and last 3 was enough i think , also i think i could have had included a hold reels feature as well , but think its good enough without..
as i want to get on with other projects , and just finding the images for other games takes ages , my girlfriend want me to do a easter game , eggs , chic's and rabbits , so  it will be just a simple game i think as times pressing

i am a work now but will post code tonight , once again its very messy , not as nice and straight forward as wot you guys do , so will take a bit of following so maybe not much use to anyone , maybe..

thanks again guys

micky4fun

souce code ,, messy at that

this game was written after looking and using the type list command example , thanks to kevin i was able to do this fruit machine sim of which im very pleased with , as only a few months ago i only just started to do my basic boat racing game , i did not dream i would be how to do anything like this in a million years , but with PlayBasic my dreams come true , well almost apart from winning the lotto

Kevin have you got a program for that ?  , haha

kevin

Hey Mick,

Thanks for posting the source code.   If you don't mind, and if you don't have web sit setup ?  we could add you games to the www.PlayBASIC.com  page.    While the code's not the prettiest thing, and you like making it hard for yourself.  We are in need of more content built by 3rd parties.    So hopefully you'll inspire others to give programming a serious go.  

Probably the main points I would make about the code, would be that you really to understand Image Types (Video & FX images), there's a lot of parallel structures (arrays/variables/types), that i suspect really aren't needed.    So handling the object information could be improved.  Which will less code,  easier to write and debug.

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

yes thats no problem , would be a honour for me to have anything of mine on your PBcode page , i will upload programs asap
yes i know my code needs a lot to be desired and im going around the houses , but i am trying to pick things up , i think the more i do the more chance that suddenly it will click and ile be writing like you guys , well maybe ,

yes its a shame with all you great work on this great program and the first class support you provide that your not selling it by the truck loads , excuse the pung

thanks