Cracking on for easter , game now released

Started by micky4fun, February 22, 2009, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

mick,
let me know if kevin's stuff does or doesn't help you ok.
the point is; if you can make the transparent colour the same colour as the first pixel on an image by images basis then i can make the graphics a lot smoother.

micky4fun

Hi Kevin and BlinkOk

well i told you im not that great , so sorry i aint got a clue whats happening with Kevins code , but thanks for taking the time to do and post , i will after this game try and work out how to load and use frame sheets , just cant suss it out at mo , so doing it frame by frame by loading seperate images.

i did quite a bit tonight got most the images loaded now , got to redo and suss out some code so still plenty to do , but times run out tonight so will carry on tomorrow evening

heres a snip of where i am at mo

thanks mick :)

BlinkOk

awesome mick. looks great.
i'm not so interested in using animation sheets.
i am more interested in making the top left pixel of an image the transparency colour.

haha. i think that code is meant to make the first pixel the transparency colour! i don't understand it either and it wont compile with my version of pb (v1.64)

this is the wind animation. you could use it accross all screens (splash, gameplay, success and fail). i created a directory in the gameplay directory call wind and copied the files there.

Download Wind Animation

Fail screen (fail.png in the splash directory)

micky4fun

hi BlinkOk ,

download new images , thanks ,
will try to do somemore dinner time at work , as i dont have a lot of time at home tonight but will do some
if i get stuck ile give you both a shout , but so far so good

thanks
mick :)

BlinkOk

ok. i'm going away for the weekend so i wont be around for a couple days. cya then

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

ive been at it longer than i sould tonight , going around in circles trying to put these images into my code , so i am going to start from scatch now , so will start again tomorrow evening hopefully
i dont think im exprience enough and my code aint that well laid out so its going back to the drawing board i think , see how it goes from there

ile give a progress report later tomorrow

BlinkOk

no problem mate. i got all the time in the world.
i find if i just plan it out on paper with lists, arrows and little notes (kinna like pseudo code) then writing it becomes easier.
i'll check back on monday my time. cya then

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

well after a nice rest got back to work on this today and managed to recue my orignal code , as you know i do get things going with more luck than judgement , and it was the new bigger hammers and with so many images that mucked it up for me and a couple of other things , my collision code was not good enough so had to do some completley differently , still lots to do
last night was a nightmare , think my brain went , things just did not click ,, haha

back soon

BlinkOk

hey mick,
i'm back and it looks like we're still moving forward, which is great. let me know if you need anything

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk and all

ok got some more done today , dont know if i sould have just started again a couple of days ago , as its all over the shop , but thats me , haha

ok BlinkOk nearly done ish , heres a demo of where i am in game , i think i need get ready images and times up images , darker egg images for back row of eggs if you think it needs it ,
also the crack egg animation looks wrong as it has big gaps in egg starting to crack but once cracked the crack in thin

i have left your images as they were i think , apart from the blue hammer images still and whack i slightly changed them with more solid outline see what you think

clock needs a better hand i think , something like micky mouse type hand like arrow one end and round hollow circle other end , also a credit screen but sort that out at end

I have not done wind yet , will try that later near end of game

think thats it for now
hope i aint let you down to much

also think im goner use 5 digit score as i have already scored 8256
and also again , shadows on hammers i have done as if there was a light over to one side of room , shadows get slightly bigger with rotatesprite

download demo
http://www.zshare.net/download/571013720eb66d4a/

BlinkOk

hey that's lookin pretty cool mick! nice work and i like you suggs.
i fixed the egg images and did a pointing hand (they're attached)
with the numbers try this;
make each number only 80% of the width of the previous number to the right.
so if the first number is at x position zero and it's width is 10 pixels then place the next number at position 8. 8 being 80% of 10.
let me know if you need anything else ok
thanks

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

thanks for new images , going to put them into game tonight , see how it goes , already done 5 didgets for score and moved the nearer , that looks better , going to do rest of hammers wind etc ,
sould be ready in a few days , if you can do a credit screen for me , with my name as program writer , playbasic as program used and credits for youself for images and any websites info you want to put in as well
i will then put final version up and let you see if any minor changes are needed.

back soonish

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

did a little more tonight , code tidy up , sprites ect , still got wind to do yet , i could do with the following if possible , play again image for oops screen thus saving going back to title screen , get ready image , time is up image , and new clock hand , credit screen if any or all is possible , thanks

got to get an early night tonight , so back tomorrow

thanks

BlinkOk

ok i think i got em all;
there are two again images (just like the play images so you can join them together)
get ready.png
time up.png
credits.png

i tried the hand with the line and circle but it didn't look so hot.
i've added a point.png image which has a dot at the point where you should rotate it.
if this is too difficult then let me know and i'll see if i can come up with something else

all images are in the hud directory except for credits.png which is in the splash directory.

kevin

Just about all of the setup code

ie

LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0001.png",201
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0002.png",202
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0003.png",203
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0004.png",204
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0005.png",205
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0006.png",206
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0007.png",207
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0008.png",208
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0009.png",209
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0010.png",210
LoadfxImage CurrentDir$()+"gfx\birds\blue\chick0011.png",211

etc etc etc

could be replaced with this. 

// the filename template of the filename
Filename$ ="chick####.png"

// the location of the files
Path$ =" INSERT PATH HERE \dont chicken out8\gfx\birds\"

// Load ANimation into sequential image numbers
LoadFrames(path$+"blue\",Filename$,1000)
LoadFrames(path$+"cyan\",Filename$,1100)
LoadFrames(path$+"red\",Filename$,1200)

Function LoadFrames(path$,Filename$,IMageIndex)
// crude # chr count
for lp=1 to Len(filename$)
inc  DigitsLength,mid$(filename$,lp,1)="#"
next
Hash$=Make$("#",DigitsLength)

For lp=1 to 1000
f$=replace$(filename$,Hash$,digits$(lp,DigitsLength),1,false,false)
file$=Path$+f$
if FileExist(file$)
LoadFXImage File$,ImageIndex
rendertoimage ImageIndex
ImageMaskCOlour ImageIndex,Point(0,0)
inc ImageIndex
inc framecount
else
exit
endif
next
rendertoscreen