Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

hoover boover , w.i.p , demo released

Started by micky4fun, March 08, 2009, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

ok , been tickering around with Kevins challenge 16 , snake clever programming

so i decided not to enter that as its not all my code so would be unfair to others , also wanted to make a full 2 player game ,
well been at it most this afternoon , only to waste 3 hours with 1 line in wrong place that kept mucking it all up
graphics not great , but give idea of game

plot , oh yes silly plot again , use your hoover to collect scraps on floor to boost score , but this also extends you hoover pipe , so dont get all tangled up and dont bump into other players hoover
also this is a rechargeable hoover , so to keep it going you have to move hoover , not brush but hoover over batteries to keep it charged .
well thats the idea , ile post demo a.s.a.p , but may have to leave this project and go back to dont chicken out to re-do graphics that BlinkOk is doing very kindly for me
ok back soonish

thanks
mick :)

Makeii Runoru

Haha, this looks cool. :P

I wonder... If you're going to make this game, do you think you could connect to other players online and play with them?
This signature is boring, and could be improved. However, the user of this signature doesn't need a fancy signature because he or she doesn't really care for one.

micky4fun

Hi Makeii Runoru ,

Quotedo you think you could connect to other players online and play with them?

well i know that i could not even begin to know how to code that part of the game , but if i do get it up and running and if it warrants a online play option maybe someone could add it ..
im hoping to add Furniture etc , power ups and downs etc ,  anyway lets see how it goes

thanks for comments , much appreciate

Big C.

hey mick,

where you got all your grafics... ?

micky4fun

Hi Big C.

well i cheat , dont look bad , but as you can see not much to images , but seems to work ok
ile post source with game , i have disabled some of the collision dectection i have done , but some not done yet and depending on game direction i may not be how to do some as its hard for me as it has all angles and stuff like that , also had to use a round hoover like a henry in u.k as a long hoover i could not rotate around the same direction of pipe.
also players start in a wierd position as i cant work out how to get them both in a straight line ,
all i have done is tinker around with code on forums , maybe if i get it a bit further if i get stuck someone may want to take over to finish it properly , if its worth finishing
anyway heres a demo , the hoover will extened every time you get the banana and score that player 1 point
player one use arrow keys , player 2 use a s w z keys , i know its the wrong way around but i will change that later

Big C.

Hey mick,

nice work... I was wondering from where you got your game ideas?  ;D vacuum-cleaning = snake game... great  ;D

micky4fun

hi Big C.

thanks

im just looking for a slight different approach to an old school game , just looked for something that might expand or unwind , ie hoover with flexible pipe , garden hose being unreeled but that would have had a fix point. so i went with hoover , but the programming is hard for me to do what i want to do , but ile give it a go and see what happens , but clueless with maths and angles and that kinda stuff and program structure .

thanks