Main Menu

WIP - Pulsar

Started by jimwon, March 12, 2009, 08:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimwon

A few screenshots of my current project called Pulsar, which is a 2D space trading, combat exploration game set in our Solar system in the future, a homage to Elite & Frontier.

Title Screen:

In orbit over Ganymede:

In combat with a police drone near Mars:

The environment, controls, combat, trading, and legal system are all implemented. The only bits I have left to add are pirate attacks, courier, taxi, assasination and espionage missons.

I reckon it could be finished within six weeks or so - but will probably take longer, you know how it goes.

micky4fun

Hi jimwon ,

Look forward to finished game , looks quite involved , keep it going and good luck with project

mick :)

jimwon

Thanks! I'll post the game and code when it's finished.

kevin

Juha Kämäräinen

Looks great :)
Very retro

Would like to give it a test ride
Check out my comic - Bujercon 1

jimwon

This project hasn't gone dead - my laptop died a most hideous death when I tripped over the power cable and subsequently trod on the damn thing, and seeing as how it was a netbook with SSD, had no way of getting my code off it! Anyway, I found a sort of halfway through version on an old memory stick and have a new laptop and am now working on it again.

As with all projects, this has now expanded - in the original version I had just our solar system, I've spent the interim period between laptops researching our closest solar neighbours and will be adding the 10 nearest systems, with stars(including binary stars), planets, alien races, authentic (but scaled down) planet sizes/distances and mining. Also, I'm redesigning the display with a bigger on-screen environment and a floating-over-the-top style HUD.

I will be building an editor to pull in all my data so may include that when I eventually finish it - then people can build their own universes, or, expand on the one I plan to include.