Main Menu

Bingo now released v1.0

Started by micky4fun, July 29, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

hi all

just tickering around with a bingo game , here's the main ball drum in action , think i need to tidy balls up a bit but this is roughly what its going to run like

Quotemicky. this is a great multi-player idea. maybe you could explore that huh?
only if i had the brains to do this BlinkOk ! , would not have a clue how to get this game linked with others so everyone is looking at same bingo drum with all balls in the same position.. i am just grasping positioning the balls on my screen , lol

back with full game very soon

mick :)

BlinkOk

it looks good micky. if you wanted you could add in simple physics like this;
you have your x and y speed right
every time you add the x y speed to a ball, afterward multiply each value by a friction value (which would be about .98. lower values = greater friction 1= no friction) also add a gravity value to the y portion of your speed, about 1 i would imagine. then add a random bounce value to the speed when you hit the edge. i should end up looking something like this;

(dead link removed)

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOK ,

Thanks for you input as allways , nice 3d example of yours looks very cool as usual , i am at work at the moment , what i sould have done is post code so far , i will do this when i get home as i dont have it here ,
but basicly im using this type of maths
ball(a).x#=ball(a).x#+CosRadius(ball(a).Angle#,ball(a).Speed#)
          ball(a).y#=ball(a).y#+SinRadius(ball(a).Angle#,ball(a).Speed#)

but ile post it all so you can see how it fits in with rest ,

i ended up using this as i had problems as the drum was round , if it was square i would have been ok ..

as this is a one player game as i dont know how to set it up or program a multi-player version , i thought i had a couple of options

1. have say 8 cards you pick 1 to play and the cpu plays the others , 1st one to get a line or full house
2. one card and a timer counts down , numbers come out of drum till timer stops , you choose to yes or no to collect number but be quick as times ticking and new number wont come out till you decied yes or no , if collected and on your card it gets marked off , if not on your card then you lose time off your timer , if you choose no to collect number and you have it on your card , then you lose number and time. get line or full house before time runs out.

well something like these , im going the way with the option 2 at the moment.

heres the souce code

micky4fun

Hi all

I have been looking around the net on bingo games and it looks like im very much going the same way as a game called skill ball bingo , this was not intentional but if so , so be it

heres a latest screen shot , should be ready very soon

micky4fun

Hi all

ok been a while , but done at last i think ?

was also trying out other stuff while still finishing this , so its simple enough , get you bingo card filled , one line them full house
hope you enjoy ,

was going to put in some bonus balls in drum as well , still may do ile see how this goes and may just leave it for what it is.
will now get upto date with posts on forums and muck about a bit , still thinking of a platform game but maybe a while of yet as what to get it right..

download here
in next post

micky4fun

Hi all

ok i found 3 bugs , so they are all now fixed , main one balls where not turning ib drum , i only noticed when looking at uploaded pic
also ball got stuck sometimes when game over and you had to wait till time ran out if you had a house
also forgot to include code , all done now

download here
Download Bingo V1.1 (login required)

mick ;D

kevin

Mick,

Well i'm impressed, the flow of games continues! - Not much of bingo player myself, but it seems to be fairly well put together from the players & the code perspective.  Congrats !

micky4fun

Hi kevin

QuoteWell i'm impressed, the flow of games continues!
well how can i stop , your program just seems to pull me through the process of making some kinda game , at the moment my games are only on the small side , nothing to fancy , i know with a lot of hard work great things can be done , ie Holly _ Platformer Adventure Demo a lot of work has gone into this and it looks very promising .
im just trying differant commands etc , some i anit got a clue and others i seem to pick up ok.
so after a few days of mucking around , i thought ile give maps ago , just a simple platform game to start i think ,
looking at platform games , they seem a bit harder to me than the games ive been doing

heres a very very early demo , not much but a start , i may for window mode for this , also colours a bit all over the place at mo
will post new thread when more down the line , think this is going to take a little longer than normal for me , but ile be at it as much as i can
left and right arrow keys , he does not move up , ive disabled that

program code and source now in new thread

kevin

You prolly should start a new WIP for this, rather than interleave it into the bingo thread.

Quoteie Holly _ Platformer Adventure Demo a lot of work has gone into this and it looks very promising

Yeah, It's certainly good,  it's just shame it's taken so long.  Hopefully, the re-write will come together a bit quicker.   It'd great to see that one come together.

Quoteim just trying differant commands etc , some i anit got a clue and others i seem to pick up ok.
so after a few days of mucking around , i thought ile give maps ago , just a simple platform game to start i think ,
looking at platform games , they seem a bit harder to me than the games ive been doing... 

I dunno,  I think it depends upon the scope and game rules really.   The more elaborate the players/objects interactions (with each other/or the word)  the more complex it's going to be.  So some  ideas are certainly much more challenging than others,  but classic stuff like a Mario Brothers / Giana Sisters have a pretty simple core of rules.  So the burden is often more upon the feel and map design than the programming.    All the tedious stuff :)

Quoteheres a very very early demo

Seems like you're off and running,  Reminds me a bit of Bubble Bobble.   Actually, that'd be a good challenge for someone, doesn't require loads of gfx so it wouldn't be  too resource hungry, apart needing lots of maps to be interesting :) .