Micky4fun's compo 2009 game blog , now finished..

Started by micky4fun, November 10, 2009, 10:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevmjon

congratulations micky4fun

glad to help with the angle question. kev pointed out what to do, i just added it to the code.
i enjoy helping people when i can.

i think your game is well presented, easy to pick-up on and play, and has a complete feeling to it.  it is enjoyable and fun.

i am still amazed at how fast you code. you are very good at following through with projects.
you must be a highly motivated person. i wish i had some of that...lol

looking forward to your next project.

keep up the good work,  stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

micky4fun

Hi LemonWizard

i was sorry to see that you and chanthorn did not finish your games in time , and was a shame that deano's pc broke down ,
but i hope all of you get the time to finish off the projects you all started as they all looked nice.

Hi stevmjon

yep thanks again , i find everyone on here very helpfull, great bunch of guys ,
Quotei am still amazed at how fast you code. you are very good at following through with projects.
you must be a highly motivated person. i wish i had some of that...lol
well i have been lucky in at least 3 projects with BlinkOk jumping on board , once you get some great graphics to play with it boosts you up
into getting the game up and running , i have been playing games for years now well at least 30 years , and one thing BlinkOk did say a while back
that struck a cord with me is that to keep the game flowing , and hes bang on the money with that ,
as for the speed of programming , well i could be a lot faster if when i ran into a problem i just posted for an answer , but i do try to suss it out myself
and sometimes its took me 3 day to either suss it out or post question ,
thinks what Kevin did a while back with my froggie game was amazing , he re-write the game in 4 hours , i know he said he had all the bits of the jigsaw , but still takes some doing

if you had all the gfx's already done for you stevmjon im sure you would do it a lot faster than me , as you know the coding much better than me

thanks for all the comments , and for the next few more days i thinking about what to do next ,
the biker boy game is on slight hold at the moment as i have no idea how to do the iso aspect of it , so may just do a 2d version

mick :)

BlinkOk

hey mick, i though maybe we could have a crack at this intel AppUp thingy.
we could make the game similar to this one, only using the chick/building/ambo rather than the guy/ship/lifeboats.
all the assets are pretty much done (i think we would need to do a different title and highscore and some code changes) but essentially the mechanic is similar.
what do you think? couple a bucks for a few days work

i think you need to look at the API and make sure you can deal with it.

micky4fun

Hi Blinkok

yep this game does look quite simular to the rescue me game , and all the gfx's are done like you say just a few changes would be needed to come up with something
the only thing im not sure about is
Quotei think you need to look at the API and make sure you can deal with it.
can you elaborate a bit more what this is please

thanks
mick :)

BlinkOk

BlinkOk

micky4fun

hi BlinkOk

i have hade a good look at the api and i dont really think im going to suss this out at all , let along in the time frame i have , so im gonner have to reluctantly pass on this one ,
i did like the game idea though , im still up in the air here at the moment job wise and trouble with job wise , thats why i have not been about , i just cant concerntrate at the moment
i am really iching to get cracking with more stuff mainly touchscreen games at the moment , but just cant get started yet

thanks
mick ;D

BlinkOk