News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

YAAC (Yet Another Asteroids Clone)

Started by kevin, November 15, 2009, 01:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

YAAC (Yet Another Asteroids Clone)

Taken the weekend off working on PlayBASIC V1.64k (although I have fixed a couple of issues with beta #14) to knock up a new game demo.    After scouring the depths of my creativity, yep an Asteroids clone is all i could come up with :)

So far the game (cough) is more a framework than a game.   While it includes the basic player mechanics (controls, firing & collisions) as well as the asteroids controller code.   It's not really tweaked up,  It feel's ok, but the player is easily overwhelmed... :)

Visually, the game uses additive effects on all items combined with buffer depreciation, which gives the trialing effect.  Which are common place in modern 'vector' games.  

The objective of the demo is really to help Beta test the V1.64k,  as such the code uses a number of new features found in the update..  

Will post some screen shots later..

Download

Get Code (login required)

YouTube

Watch Video

Vee

kevin

YAAC (Yet Another Asteroids Clone) V0.01

Here's a demo of the project 'as is'.  Will most probably tack few other tidbits into it during the remaining PlayBasic V1.64k upgrade session.  But for the most part it achieves it's purpose..

Note: This demo requires at least PlayBASIC V1.64k

ATLUS