News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Clean the Island!! for Ludum Dare 17

Started by jfroco, April 25, 2010, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfroco

Hi guys,

I just submitted a game made with PlayBasic to Ludum Dare 17 competition.

"Ludum Dare is a regular accelerated solo game development competition.  Entrants develop games from scratch in 48 hours, based on a theme suggested by community"

The game is Clean the Island!! and was made using PlayBasic v1.64k2 during this weekend. I finished just one level, but I'm planning to make more levels during next week.

Description:

"Instructions: Help your crustacean to clean the island. Find all cans in the island and Avoid mice. Move your hero using the mouse pointer.

You don't need to press any button in this game... actually you need to press any mouse button to start, but... you know.

The game runs at fullscreen 1024x768x32.

Clean the Island!! was created for Ludum Dare 17 competition (Theme: Islands, April 23rd-25th 2010).

It was made using PlayBasic for coding, Audacity and Acoustica Mixcraft for sound and music, and Paint.net for "graphics".

Note: Only one level, sorry I run out of time :("

This was my first game made with PlayBasic, so my real goal was to learn PlayBasic :)

Coding with PlayBasic was a great experience: I'd highlight the map and sprites collision functions.

I couldn't make timer-based movement works or it didn't work as I expected (unfortunately I drop Camera code because of this), but I'm sure I needed more time.

Download Here

Source + Media (login required)

Note: Source Code was cleanup and updated 2013-07-09

Any feedback is welcome.

Does anybody else participate?

Best regards

JF

BlinkOk

LBFN

Nice work, especially for a first game in PB. 

jfroco

Hi,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback.

Best regards