Main Menu

PlayValidate (WIP THREAD)

Started by kevin, May 20, 2010, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Visit www.PlayBasic.com

PlayValidate (WIP THREAD)

This thread will contain update information/ideas/changes etc that are being made to the PlayValidate application.  

What is PlayValidate ?

It's a tool to help PlayBASIC RETAIL developers query the status of their installation.

Features

* Compatible with pre-V1.63 editions of PlayBASIC.
    * Designed for V1.64 editions of PlayBASIC.

Download

Download PlayValidate V0.01 (Alpha)  (20th,May,2010)

LBFN

I have tried installing several different updates in order to get PB to work.  I have installed the 'base' version of PB before installing an updated version. Using the PlayValidater, the results are always the same; the files were not all installed (between 2 and 6 errors - the linker is never there). 

kevin

What's your base installer ?  What version ?

LBFN

I have tried to install PB 1.63w2, for example.  I try to run the editor after it is installed and it says: Fatal error: cannot locate compiler, yet it is right there in the same folder.  If I try to update that with PB 1.64L, for example, it says the same thing.  I tried to find PB 1.44, but all I could see were references to it and could not see where the actual download is.  I really didn't have any problems until I dl'ed PBFX 1.76.

kevin

I tried to find PB 1.44, but all I could see were references to it and could not see where the actual download is.

The only downloads available through forums are upgrades,  they're not base retail editions.  You need a base retail to use PB..    

LBFN

I purchased PlayBasic on 6/28/2009.  The email shows a link to the retail version of 1.63m, which I subsequently upgraded to 1.64i and then to PBFX 1.76.

kevin

All those validate correctly.  So simply reinstall V1.63m then upgrade V1.64L.. job done

LBFN

QuoteSo simply reinstall V1.63m then upgrade V1.64L.. job done

I know that this should be simple to do.  I ran it again as you suggested, but PlayValidate still shows the linker and toolbar are missing.

kevin

So, you're installing the version the that downloaded at order time ???

LBFN

The link that was given in 09 has long since been dead.  The compiler I was using was PBFX 1.76.  I downloaded the 1.63m update to (in a sense) put it back to where it was originally.  I then installed the 1.64l update.  It shows the 1.64l compiler now, it just doesn't have the linker or toolbar, so I cannot create an .exe with it.

kevin

QuoteThe link that was given in 09 has long since been dead.

You're meant to keep this file.. It's the most important part !

QuoteI downloaded the 1.63m update to (in a sense) put it back to where it was originally.

No it won't...   You've somehow managed to remove some of base files (ie the linker), these are not included in any upgrade... So installing upgrade combinations won't fix it.  For the last time, You must have a base retail install..  

LBFN

QuoteFor the last time, You must have a base retail install..

Sorry to be such a bother......I won't trouble you anymore.

kevin

it's no bother, we're just going around in circles.

I take it you don't have your base retail installer ?

LBFN

QuoteI take it you don't have your base retail installer ?

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find it.  My hard drive was wiped a while back and I must have only backed up the working files.