Meals of the Dragon - Finished project

Started by Laskiapina, June 18, 2010, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laskiapina

I finally got this together. In the game you control a purple dragon and burn & eat stuff that gets in your way.

Homepage: http://notyetnamedproject.webs.com/games.htm
Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7879998/Meals%20Of%20The%20Dragon.zip

I would like to hear people's opinions about the game and if there are bugs or improvements.

Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

kevin

Well done ! - Haven't played it as yet..  Will d/l later. 

kevin

It's actually looking pretty good, all moves well and the menus are a nice touch, wasn't expecting that.    Stuff like the music could be compressed as Mp3 or OGG though.   Probably save 50% of the package size.   

Laskiapina

You're absolutely right. I changed it to .ogg and now the package is about 3 megs. I kept it as .wav this long because the guy who made the song sent me it as .wav.
It didn't loop right though, when I changed it to .mp3. Now the song loops as a .ogg just fine I guess.

Found another visual bug in the game when changing the song format. It's fixed now  :)
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

kevin

Can I ask how you're playing the song ?, is it played as a Music or a Sound ?   

Laskiapina

Yes, I used PLAYSOUND for that because as I recall PLAYMUSIC didn't loop the sound file right.

kevin

You should be using MUSIC commands, which streams the track from disc.  To loop, just check if it's playing, if not, play it again.    Playing it as a sound, decompresses data into the audio device.  A 10 meg sound will fail on old cards, meaning your game will simply fail on those machines.

Laskiapina

I loop it automatically. When I change LOOPSOUND, PLAYSOUND etc. to MUSIC commands the music stops for a little while when it's looping and it's not okay. I changed it to .ogg and the file is now about one meg anyway.

kevin

It'll be one meg on disk, it'll be 10 meg or more in sound memory. 

micky4fun

hey ,

another nice little game , smooth as silk and very playable , i would have like to see it in a window of 800x600 as the only grip for me is it runs really small windowed on my laptop/pc

great work though , keep em coming

mick :)

Laskiapina

Quotei would have like to see it in a window of 800x600

It should be possible to grab the window's right bottom corner and drag the window bigger. And in this case the graphics shouldn't suffer too much.

Oh and thank you for compliments :)

OldNESJunkie

I like this game, pretty fun. Great for killing a few minutes here and there.