Fisut - finished project (my first 2 player game)

Started by Laskiapina, October 08, 2010, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laskiapina

So I finished this game finally.
The idea was pretty much stolen borrowed from an old flash game I played called Fishy.
The one player mode is pretty much the same. What I brought to this game was an option to play with a friend. Plus a few new features.

Your objective is to avoid bigger fish and eat the smaller. When you grow in size - you get to eat more bigger fish! :)
Control player one with the arrow keys and player two with WASD keys.
EDIT: Now there's a real "ending" ::)
Added a vital feature: By pressing "P" you can pause the game now.
Added personal best record.

Homepage: http://notyetnamedproject.webs.com/games.htm

Direct download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7879998/Fisut.zip

Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

kevin

Another nice effort, well done!  - Took a bit to work out the how to play though, so you might want to include some documentation on the players objectives, particular for people who've not seen the game it's 'inspired' by (like me) :)   - Was expecting it was similar to an old Amiga game James Pond

Laskiapina

Thanks! :)
Perhaps you're right. I'll add a little description to the post and to the homepage.
I've heard the title James Pond, but never played it for some reason (maybe it wasn't published for C64 or other PCs at all?). Looks cute though! :D
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

kevin

There was the James Pond series of platformer games on the Amiga (and probably the  Atari St / 16bit consoles (Snes)), but there was freeware game that used the ripped artwork (i think).   The game scene looks about the same as yours, expect the player fetches gold bars from the sea floor, and then returns them to the boat above.    

Added a UW link in to this thread (and your other games) to the site Ie.  (http://underwaredesign.com/?l=Fisut)   

BlinkOk

nice work laskiapina! i played it for quite a while

Laskiapina

Quotenice work laskiapina! i played it for quite a while

Thanks, nice to hear that! :)
I think this project has the most replay value of all my games.

Devain

Really cool little game! I just missed a brutal "eating" animation, for when you lost. ;)

Laskiapina

Quotemissed a brutal "eating" animation

Haha, It would've been nice! :D
But I had to keep this game sweet and neat and avoid blood and fish-bones  ;D

kevin

you got some server side scripting on your server (PHP) ?  It'd be nice to have some online high score tables perhap.

Laskiapina

Quoteyou got some server side scripting on your server (PHP) ?  It'd be nice to have some online high score tables perhap.

I think hiscores would be pointless, because the fish can't grow endlessly (it would be silly, because there aren't any bigger fish than you) and the game ends when you reach your full size.
Maybe I could add personal best the game would save, so everyone could see their own development, though.

kevin

It doesn't necessary have to be 'score',  time could be factor.  Fasted time reach this point, the slowest to reach that point.. Whatever.   

Laskiapina

QuoteFasted time reach this point, the slowest to reach that point

Time is a bad factor when there's so much luck involved like in this in my opinion. If I understood what you meant.
But I think the personal best record according to points works just fine.

kevin

Quotewhen there's so much luck involved

Then what's the point scoring at all :)

Laskiapina

Quotewhat's the point scoring at all  :)

It's more of an indicator of how far you've gotten in the game  :P

kevin