News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Easter 2011 Mini Compo Survey

Started by kevin, March 23, 2011, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So are you up for an Easter Themed 2011 Mini Compo?

Yes, Up for it
5 (62.5%)
Nah, i'm too busy
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 06, 2011, 10:07:20 AM

kevin

PlayBASIC - Easter 2011 Mini Compo Survey

It's been a while since we had any sort of programming competition around here, so perhaps it's time for a MINI compo.   What's that ? - It'd a be competition held within a short time frame,  from anywhere between say over the Easter long weekend (3 days) as far out as about a week.  

In terms of a theme, then the most obvious would be Easter eggs, the genre of game would be up to you.

Laskiapina

But where's an option for "Okay, I have about 10 projects on my desktop, but I would really like to try to participate" in the poll? :P
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

feildmaster

How bout,

Nah. I don't like making games. (-gasp-)

LemonWizard

Oh well I'm up for it. The funny thing is I was wondering about a contest just today and I checked the forums and boom. Mini easter egg contest forum poll. Wow.. :P Talk about timing.

Well at any rate. I think a contest would be fun. Even if the reward/prize wasn't as big or (not there at all?)

balaporte

I like the theme (I've had an idea for that for a while), but I'd really like to see it go for seven days. The three days over the holiday weekend will probably be taken up by family and such.

kevin

Just checked the poll.   7 votes so far, 4=yes, 3= no.  So it's looking likely at this point.

QuoteEven if the reward/prize wasn't as big or (not there at all?)

A prize (cash) is unlikely.. although you could consider the 1000's of lines of free code we add to the board every month your reward already :) 

kevin

Ok, so we'll make this into a week long coding challenge, either Between 16th-23rd  (Saturday to Saturday) to 17th-24th (Sun to Sun)...

To make it fair (otherwise people could start today), there will be some (yet-to-be-announced) requirements your game will need to include.   The theme is Easter and genre whatever you want...