Main Menu

having problems using IDE

Started by Paladin, June 06, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

When I start up the IDE a dialog pops up twice with a title of "Windows - No Disk" which says "Exception Processing Message [ some numbers ]".

I do not add extra files in the "Manage Project" dialog the because an error occurs when compiling the program which refers to the name of the added file and says "Function Already Defined"; but I do not know why doing this is necessary since the command "#include "SomeFile"" works without adding any files.

I can not use "Functions & PSubs" on the side panel because oftentimes the IDE will lock up so that it must be forced to close and then be restarted.

When clicking on a pbp file, it would be nice if the IDE would start up with the extra files which were open at the closing of the previous session when the project was edited.

Thank you for all of your efforts to make PlayBasic.

Ralph
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde

kevin

Firstly, this is the wrong place for bug reports/feature requests. Please Read -> Posting PlayBASIC Bug Reports FAQ (login required)

Also check out the FAQ->IDE Questions

When I start up the IDE a dialog pops up twice with a title of "Windows - No Disk" which says "Exception Processing Message [ some numbers ]".

This one has been reported a number of times, there's no known solution.  You can try deleting the IDE settings file or Load history files, which has worked for me, but beyond that, it's a bit of a mystery.  

I do not add extra files in the "Manage Project" dialog the because an error occurs when compiling the program which refers to the name of the added file and says "Function Already Defined"; but I do not know why doing this is necessary since the command "#include "SomeFile"" works without adding any files.

Never seen this.  You'll need to attach an example showing this.   Sounds like an error in the project file.

I can not use "Functions & PSubs" on the side panel because oftentimes the IDE will lock up so that it must be forced to close and then be restarted.

This is another well known fault.  Various attempts have been made to fix it over the years, but there's no 100% stable version of the classic IDE.   You could try  IDE V1.19 Beta 3 (login required) bu i suggest backing up your original Editor.exe prior to replacing it.

As for a solution, there isn't one.  My best advice would be to turn Live Parsing off.    You can find the settings under  EXTRA->PREFERENCES ->EDITOR  (Shown Bellow)

When clicking on a pbp file, it would be nice if the IDE would start up with the extra files which were open at the closing of the previous session when the project was edited.

You can by simply clicking the associate button in the IDE.  Under Extras->File Association

RayRayTea2

Quote from: kevin on June 07, 2012, 01:25:19 AMYou can by simply clicking the associate button in the IDE.  Under Extras->File Association

I also wanted to do this, but... see attachment.

I understand there's no point in complaining about the IDE (I think I'd actually like it if it were finished, for example the way the Help is integrated is really nice! Please have a more advanced version in the next IDE :) ) since a new version is in the works (hopefully with Unicode support) but as is, the thing is bordering on useless on my machine: random crashes, sometimes it doesn't even want to start up, stops reacting, doesn't remember directories etc etc.

When I just bought it (a week or so ago), for the first few days it would also freeze for some 10 seconds every time after I run / exit whatever I'm working on, fortunately at least it stopped doing that.

Big C.

The File association Problem attempts to me too... I think the classic IDE isn't compatible with my Win7 64 Bit... I think there won't be future updates. Kevin has start to make a alternative IDE (login required) with PB but with no priority because you can use a normal text editor and compile it directly.