News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

PlayBASIC Programming Decathlon

Started by kevin, June 20, 2012, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

PlayBASIC Programming  Decathlon

With the London Olympics fast approaching,  who's up for a bit of programming competition with a difference ?  -   The idea this time would be to split the competition across the two weeks of the Olympics,  issuing small programming challenges every couple of days, much like the Decathlon event.      The difference being, that the challenges wouldn't be revealed until the starting time each day.  Programmers would then be  required to complete each task within the 2 (or 3) day period, where they'd submit their solution for evaluation later, so just like the previous competitions programmers would need enter before hand.

Ideally the challenges would  need to be doable within  say a couple of hours, so they'd either be media free or you'd be supplied with some stand ins,  making the focus on the programmers ability to solve the problems .   What type of problems ?, I've no idea :) ..  But they'd probably be stuff that's been covered before and maybe some new tidbits.   In the hope that more people can get up to speed.

So who's up for it ?

ATLUS

monkeybot

if i have the time i am up for it!

kevin

Good to know, but we'll need a lot more than two, in order to warrant the investment of time.    I suspect if we connected the compo with Beta Testing FX we've get a better response..   :)

kevin

Clearly nobodies interested, so this is canceled.