News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

New Game In Development: INTEROPE

Started by LemonWizard, February 11, 2014, 08:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonWizard

This game's name for now will remain Interope.
Hi I know I haven't been very active. But hey I have some eye candy for you guys (finally ^-^)

So this game is going to be a fun kind of platformer. Not sure about the design or asthetic yet but I'm going for a mix between Mario and something ... er.. ~else~

Anyhow. I'll post a screenshot for now. No demo available.
I'm planning to make this game free for all. So when it's done I will post it here.

micky4fun

Hi all

keep us posted LemonWizard , character looks like he may move a bit like rayman is this the case ?

mick :)

stevmjon

hey lemonwizard

I like the colors you have used so far. is the character pushing against the stalk?
I am interested to see your progress.

stevmjon

p.s.  are you still using an old version of playbasic, or is this an old screenshot?
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

LemonWizard

stevmjon no there's no collision except with the ground. The player might move a bit like rayman if i learned to animate better.. anyways it was testing with multiple backgrounds but using scrollimage is too slow I need another faster method. The game looks pretty cool with the multiple bg's though. I don't know what i'm doing with it right now I was thinking of adding alot of enemies and making levels mostly left to right.

stevmjon

hey lemonwizard

i thought scroll image would work. as long as it's a screen sized image that is drawn next to itself (side by side), then scrolled across.
try a camera, and scene buffer. this will automatically clip the images to the screen, not using extra memory. only what is in the camera view is used.
or try tiles. this may work faster. have you tried video method, and fx method?

are you using solid images, or is the blue the screen background, not the image background. too much transparency can slow display speed.
if you are using transparency, are you using an alpha layer in the lmage? afx method may be useful.

so many decisions and experimenting. i went through this to get my game to display correctly. mine was also slow to display. game was pretty much unplayable.

if you don't mind, can you share your code? it would be interesting to take a peek, and have a poke.

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

LemonWizard

would not mind.
Hold on. Uhmm I will have to get it but I have to make a unrelated post first... I know I have been slow to reply. Very busy with lots of things.