Main Menu

Creeping Angels Level Editor

Started by bmorris, June 01, 2014, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmorris

I've finally got round to making a level editor for my puzzle game Creeping Angels, which I'll be uploading on GameJolt soon. If anyone wants to try it out and give any comments or suggestions before then, I'd be grateful.

Whereas in the previous version, the (25) levels were embedded in the code, now they're read in from a TXT file, and you can add new files. The editor itself uses the keyboard exclusively rather than the mouse, because the mouse pointer is disabled for fullscreen mode (why is this, btw?) It's possible to cause trouble by mis-editing the TXT files directly, but I didn't think it was worth the effort of tackling this. I suppose I could use the DAT rather than the TXT extension to curtail direct editing, if this proves to be problematic (which I don't think it will).

kevin

Quotebecause the mouse pointer is disabled for fullscreen mode (why is this, btw?)

PlayBASIC doesn't render a mouse pointer in either mode actually.  If you need one, you draw it.

DrawImage MousePointerImage,MouseX(),MouseY(),true

cybermind

bmorris

Thanks, Cyber. If you only want to play and aren't interested in designing levels, you'll find the standard EXE slightly simpler and easier to use. It can be found later in this subforum, or on GameJolt.

cybermind

I actually did not try the level designer :-P