Main Menu

Stisu WIP

Started by Vee, October 08, 2012, 07:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vee

Hey there :)!

it's been a while since i last put hands on playbasic, or programming in general,
but now i really feel like continuing with a project i've been working on for a while a year ago.
It's a 2d shooter involving a lot of stickmen running and gunning madness ;)
You can shoot off limbs and it effects how fast you jump/quick you walk/which weapons you can carry.
Things are fast :o, confusing ??? and messy :-X

My Checklist for the game:
Working on:
- Network! You can already host and join with another instance of the game, but things are really messy and weird^^
- Zooming. Is basically done, but i don't get my head around the math that is needed to focus the camera on the player.
 You can scroll your mousewheel and see how that doesnt work properly.. If anyone feels like they can help me then i could explain the problem

Future Plans:
- Different game modes e.g. Teamdeathmatch
- Collectable items that make you jump higher/run faster. unreal tournament stuff.
- cool moves like flips or walking up/sliding down walls
- more Weapons / different types of weapons
- maybe some way to recover your limbs, e.g. pick up limbs that lie around (because at the moment you are f*cked when you lose both your arms)

Enough talk, try it yourself, the controls:
wasd - move
leftclick - shoot
rightclick - drop weapon
space - jump
shift - slowmotion
mousewheel - zoom (off center)

There's also a Leveleditor. It should be easy to use, if you know these two things:
-rightclick selects something which you can then delete with 'del'
-You save the map with space (if you want to play the map, you have to name it theamazingcave.map)

Have fun!
Feedback highly appreciated :)

Vee

Ok, i figured out the zooming math. You can zoom properly now with your mousewheel.

Edit // new screenshot with zoom & rocketlauncher. Use slowmo with shift, its fun!

ATLUS

Very impressive knieb!

micky4fun

very nice , great controlls , nice and fluid action , great blast

mick :)

monkeybot

that's very nice indeed!

Vee

Thank you  :-*

What would you guys like to see in future versions, any ideas?

ATLUS

Maybe Team dead match or flags mode?

BlinkOk

that looks insane vee. there's some crazy shit goin on in there. i think i lasted about 30sec each time

Vee

@Atlus: I implemented team deathmatch and i am thinking about including Invasion like in Unreal Tournament and a Mutant mode with one player being super strong
@BlinkOk: :D Maybe i should put in some way to regenerate?

Update! :D
Didn't do much else than coding yesterday :)
the network game is developing nicely, though it is a lot of trial and error it is fun to code.

New Stuff:
-Team Deathmatch
-A lobby where host and clients can chat, choose sides (in Team Deathmatch) and wait for each other to be ready
-New Weapon: Uzi
-a front flip! Press ctrl for that. I'll have to improve the animation a little.

enjoy :)

ATLUS