Main Menu

Monstaz!

Started by BlinkOk, November 30, 2015, 04:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

ok i reworked the code and here it is so far. lots more to do. i could not have gotten anywhere without using scottieb's code as a guide, that dude knows all the codez!

it works like this; you get five (i changed it) shots to get a match, if you don't get a match a new row is added. once a monsta goes below the red line you lose.
you win when you clear the screen.

it is running too slow imo. i'll see if i can figure that out too. i'll post the code when im happy with it.

have a go! see what you think

ps: the editor is a pill and needs to be fixed asap

pps: had a whole pile of crap in there that it didn't need

ppps: changed the shots before a new row to 5

stevmjon

hey blinky

I get loading text then a blank screen. only key that does anything is esc.
post code so others can help with it.

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

BlinkOk

ok i've progressed a little. game goes like this. there are four levels (i think) when you completely eliminate 2 species of monsters it will level up,
refresh all the monsters on the screen and add a new row at the bottom.  on the last level you need to clear ALL monsters on the screen in order to win.
there are force orbs and if you hit one it will eliminate ALL orbs either AROUND/ACROSS/DOWN. you'll see what happens

there's a bug in there that when it's clearing monsters it crashes (only occasionally)

QuoteI get loading text then a blank screen.
stevie steve dude: i tested this one on a machine without PB installed and it worked (it runs like molasses but i does run). hopefully it will work for you.
I will publish the source as soon as i'm happy with it. i'm kinna going back and forward on a couple things and it needs hella optimizing

BlinkOk

in the end trying to render everything in freeimage was just too slow so i'm using PB's image processing for the monstaz and forces particularly. they look shitty though and while it's faster, it's still laggy imo. .rar is too big for the board
i'll spend a little time organizing the code and then publish it.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z9lgq160s1f0gqt/Monstaz.rar

stevmjon

hey dude

still won't work. it may be a windows 10 thing. see image that shows a thumbnail view from the taskbar, but playbasic window won't display on the screen.
what windows did you test yours on? maybe the ide needs updating?
when you post the code I will run it from playbasic directly, see if that makes a difference. game sounds interesting.

stevmjon

BlinkOk

Here's the code. It's one big block of code right now and i want to break it up. You will need to make sure you have playbasic v1.64p3 because scottieb had problems with an older version.
have fun

PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvbx700yydh1f0y/Monstaz_code.rar

ATLUS

stevmjon

yay it worked with the code.
I got it to work by commenting out line 1941 (the window was positioned so I couldn't see it)

good game, I played it until it said I won.

BlinkOk

@atlus : thanks man!
@stevemjon : i have duel screens so i position it on the second screen because the IDE hides the game window. i'll see what i can do about that

BlinkOk

ok a separated out the code into sections. in the end it only makes it less manageable i think.
i added a bonus counter to force the player to clean up the last coupe monsters fast rather than try pad the score

anyway i think i'm done with this.

PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH THIS ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BlinkOk

how do i delete this post?

BlinkOk

In the google play store for android. Very good performance. I would'nt recommend it for a phone (but who knows, see what happens)  more a tablet app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kazoowee.monstaz

bmorris

As someone who's played Bubble Cannon and Bubble Cannon 2, I can say - good game! But could it be a bit faster?

BlinkOk

did you play the android version? i thought it was very fast ans smooth

bmorris

I played the PC download, but I've remembered that For Fox's Sake was also slow for me, so there's probably no problem with the game itself.