News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

PlayBASIC & FX Promo from 2007

Started by kevin, February 06, 2020, 07:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

PlayBASIC & FX Promo from 2007

Found this video while rescuing data from an old external hard disk.  The video is a promo of sorts and shows various effects / games written in PlayBASIC and FX up until 2007.

The programming is mostly by me, but there's a few community games shown and of course the awesome sound track is by Jason Hubble

Links:
http://playbasic.com
https://underwaredesign.com

stevmjon

how time flies. i remember making that sliding ball to demonstrate objects moving along a slope, using tiles.

i later used this for the demo platformer 'holly', where i made a character rock man with a big belly (probably full of beer), and added characters and a weapon. later again, i even made another platformer demo 'holly' v2, with trees on different layers that scrolled at different speeds to give a more 3D feel, but i never posted that. i get side tracked easily, and start new projects.

i am even thinking of making another new one again, but make it a platformer building game. where you can dig for items, and make structures etc...

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

kevin

Hey Steve,

later used this for the demo platformer 'holly', where i made a character rock man with a big belly (probably full of beer), and added characters and a weapon. later again, i even made another platformer demo 'holly' v2, with trees on different layers that scrolled at different speeds to give a more 3D feel, but i never posted that. i get side tracked easily, and start new projects.

Holly was one of the wow moments for PB back in the day.  I've found a few versions of if on my external drive that i've just completed rescuing.   Been meaning to make videos of all those old games, but time and motivation are a problem almost 20 years in.

i am even thinking of making another new one again, but make it a platformer building game. where you can dig for items, and make structures etc...

Sounds like a good concept. Must get round to getting the last few shamus videos done, need a nostalgia vide.