News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Steve's Sliding Collision Demo

Started by kevin, July 31, 2005, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Here's a pic of Steve's sliding (platformer) collision demo.

The source code/media can be found here

Get Steve's Platformer Demo (login required)

stevmjon

to kevin

i am glad you like the sliding demo. i learnt more by doing the demo too. my actual game i am working on is similar, but has a lot more. i've been working on it for the last 4 months. still i am learning, and still have a long way to go. hope to post a demo soon.
thanks for your reply and support too.

to all

to get the graphics for the sliding demo above, after you click on the file name and get redirected, just scroll UP this new page until you see the file SLIDING_DEMO_2.zip . this was coded in V1.073 . copy the graphics to the new folder you saved kev's fix too, to run the demo in V1.08 . also 3 changes need to be made to work properly:
goto line 525: change the first letter in word " Type" to " type". must be lowercase.
goto line 47: re-activate line by deleting the ;  (this sets the frame rate)
goto line 49: re-activate line by deleting the ;  (this opens larger screen)

hope you like it and learn something,  from stevmjon :D
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

kevin

Steve,

Quotei am glad you like the sliding demo. i learnt more by doing the demo too. my actual game i am working on is similar, but has a lot more. i've been working on it for the last 4 months. still i am learning, and still have a long way to go. hope to post a demo soon.

Well, that's great to know you've got a game in the works, I know i'll certainly be looking forward to it..

Quotethanks for your reply and support too.

your welcome.