News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Draco's Tale...

Started by Draco9898, September 19, 2005, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

Simple map with slopes/collision:

DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

yay,  finally :)

Draco & Bunnys Adventure 

Draco9898

Level editor in DB pro, the actual game in Playbasic reads the data created...

DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

The tileset is looking slick !

(Note to Empty:  erm GUI library ? :) )

Draco9898

QuoteThe tileset is looking slick !
Thanks, it's very hard to manage all the rocks especially when your doing the  light to dark areas, they all must be universal and blend correctly X_X

Certian areas must always "hook" onto other areas seamlessly.

It's much easier to make levels now since i've added a Drag-and-copy kind of thing when selecting tiles...

The only thing I don't get is when I create a 1200+ x 1200+ tile level and DB pro starts chugging, despite I clip the tile drawing range :P Then again, nothings easy when your using Db pro :P

empty

That looks pretty cool. :)

Quote(Note to Empty: erm GUI library ? :) )
:P

Draco9898

Just some enemies that are raycasting (No it's not a magic spell   :)  just kidding )...

kevin

Not sure i follow the latest pic..  Do you have any demos ?

Draco9898

latest pic, and walking animation/eye candy

kevin

Cool...  Just a heads up.  Since it's going rather well, could you have a demo  or at least some more screens ready by the 18/19th (at the latest) of oct  ??..

Draco9898

Calypson

man, I always love lookin at your progress.  You have a great sense of motion and good art form.  I'm sure if you REALLY wanted to get into this pixel art thing you would be uber pro in no time flat.

on the animation:
I especially like how you took the time to rotate the torso back and forth.  Gives some good depth for a flat-shading style.  Your tiles are also very nicely done.  They tile pretty seamlessly.  There are some things i see wrong with the animation as well as some color theory issues - if you want me to, I can give you a few pointers on how to fix some stuff up a bit.

Draco9898

I'll take any crits ya got.
But- I already know what your doing to say- His arms don't move back and forth, working on it :) also I cleaned some stuff up:

Full animation (I'm not too crazy about it :():

New Snazzy Logo, used PSP 7 + Photoshop:

Draco9898

Some tree tops:

Quick forest mock-up:

servogod85

Great Job...hmm i guess when I will post my Tic Tac Toe game it's gonna stink really bad huh...lol You do miracles with your artwork, cograts! :)