For Foxes Sake WIP

Started by micky4fun, August 19, 2012, 03:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevmjon

sad news mick.

i wish you all the strength.

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

bmorris

My condolences Mick. I hope you'll be able to come through this okay.

micky4fun

Hi all

Hi guys thanks for your support , its been very hard , and a bit sudden to be honest , but things happen

at least i have this to play around with and over the last few days its really really help me along ,

so i have now all but done the 3rd level of the game , just a bit of tuning up here and there , but this is pretty much it

BlinkOk , thanks again for all the gfx's for this game , its pushed me forward , i was thinking maybe the lights on the bridges could flash maybe and when painted be really dull just another idea , also the switches may need to be touched up so gfx's go with this level,
i have not used the cannon on this level , will use it on next i think

anyway here it is , feedback welcome , water/fire scrolls properly now , fox still non animated when still , you will play level 3
if you complete level 3 then press space at end to re-play level 3
if you lose all 3 lives you will re-start on level 1 , so just end program and run it again

its not easy , but its level 3 and can tame it down

mick :)

BlinkOk

no worries mick. i'm downloading it now. i did have the lights glowing a bit early on so i'll go back and have a look at that.
no that we have three worlds (i've got another one in my head) i thought i might see if i could do a map.
i've added a trapdoor and a rollover switch so we could make some puzzle type sections.
i also added a tile that you have to paint to walk on (which gives the paint brush a bit of functionality);

playing now. there goes my sunday!

did you get my last message? im not sure if i hit send on it or not

BOO YA!

micky4fun

Hi all

yep just got your last message BlinkOk , thanks for that , i had a very quick go , but its well past my bed time , not had a great deal of sleep lately
so i will have a good look at it in the morning , but it did look very good to me
ideas about map seems fine to me to , will look at the trapdoor and switches in morning as well

well you made it to then end then !

mick :)

ATLUS

huh ncie game! But in win8 it's still slow run =(

OldNESJunkie

Win8 seems to have issues with DirectDraw, I'm guessing it was removed and is emulated by DX11??

kevin

Quote from: ATLUS on March 14, 2013, 01:41:44 AM
huh ncie game! But in win8 it's still slow run =(

well, you've got everything you need to find out why..  so why not try ?

BlinkOk

Quotewell, you've got everything you need to find out why..  so why not try ?
so you're not going to fix this then?

kevin

Quoteso you're not going to fix this then?

fix what ?

BlinkOk

Quotefix what ?
performance under win8

kevin

Quoteperformance under win8

and where specifically are we looking ?  - Beyond that, I don't have a Win8 install nor the same hardware as ATLUS anyway.   

My opinion is it's driver related,  moderns drivers have generally awful legacy 2D support.   The early Vista->Win7 one's were much the same..   

BlinkOk

so when do you expect to be able to support your product under win8?

bmorris

Having been preoccupied for the previous week or so, I've now got round to playing the latest level of Fox. It's comparably good to level 2, so I haven't got much to add, but I'll make the following remarks. The bit where you unlock the chest by means of the rotating platforms is nice; the coins were rotating a bit fast for my liking; and at the place where some vertically moving platforms come down to the level of the lava/water, even though it's fine as it is, a possible (slightly evil) idea would be for them to go a pixel or two further down, to take a teeny bit of life off Fox.

BlinkOk

wicked idea mr morris. i like it!
if anyone else has win8 could you take a moment to run the demo and see if it is performing poorly for you as well