Main Menu

Shapesteroids W.I.P

Started by medwayman, March 25, 2006, 02:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

MedWay,

The updated demo runs fine..  Nice and fast now !

medwayman

That's good news :)

Has anyone tested this on a LCD?

Big C.

sorry,

have no LCD... but the game runs perfect on my Monitor.... see the hardcopy of my screen... its 2 fast 2 furious  B)

medwayman

That's good to know. thanks for playing :)

Hopefully it won't be too long now (but then you would be mad to believe that coming from me  :blink: ) as I'm going to start working on the game tonight.

thaaks

Just tested it on my TFT at work (bad boy!) with a resolution of 1280x1024 and a refresh rate of 60 Hertz (so that's 60 FPS between graphics card and monitor).

I hope the download from the first post of this thread is the proper one (Shapesteroidsnew.zip)...

48 to 52 FPS (windowed or fullscreen doesn't matter).

Ship accelerates too slow so the game is much too hard. Will try it tonight at home (another TFT).
But looks cool  B)

Cheers,
Tommy

medwayman

First thanks for testing :)

QuoteI hope the download from the first post of this thread is the proper one (Shapesteroidsnew.zip)...
Yeah, that's the one

Quote48 to 52 FPS (windowed or fullscreen doesn't matter).
The fps seem slow what are the system specs for that machine? Did you try turning off the fps limit (left alt)?

QuoteShip accelerates too slow so the game is much too hard.
Yeah, it will be adjusted along with the asteroids speed (medium and small asteroids anyway).

QuoteBut looks cool
That's good news. The biggest problem on my panel is I cant see any lone dots at all. :o

thaaks

Another one:

I tried it at home with my PC (Celeron 2.6 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200SE) with a 17' TFT and it works fine too. The frame rate of my monitor at home is 75 Hertz.

With fps limit I get around 60 FPS, without it goes up to 170 FPS and is too fast to play (but it seems I'm invincible then, muhahaha...).

And I can see many small dots on my screen  :D
Proof:
[attachmentid=592]

And just before I forget: "Press Play to start" and I need to press "1" - is that your april fool's joke?  ;)

That's a nice remake - I like the idea of the "Choose your mode" window with Windowed and Fullscreen. Wasn't it in the 3D in 2D demo of Kevin recently?

Cheers,
Tommy

medwayman

Thanks for testing again :)  I'm glad it's working ok.

QuoteAnd just before I forget: "Press Play to start" and I need to press "1" - is that your april fool's joke?
No jokes, just copying the Mame setup. :)

QuoteThat's a nice remake
Thanks glad you like it :)  

QuoteI like the idea of the "Choose your mode" window with Windowed and Fullscreen. Wasn't it in the 3D in 2D demo of Kevin recently?
Yeah, but Kevin's is much nicer than mine. Just wish I could get the splash to come in after the screen selection.