Pooyan complete game

Started by micky4fun, July 09, 2011, 07:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

hi all

QuoteThis is going to be one of those "just one more go" games. Looking forward to more of Pooyan
yep thanks medwayman , it could be , getting all the releasing time right will help , just hope i can

Quotenice one. gameplay can get quite hectic!
yep BlinkOk , its later in the game , making the game just hard enough and not to easy is the hardest part of any game i think

Quotethe level starts again but the pig stays airborne
yep thanks Laskiapina , i am aware of this so no worries an easy fix later as i define sweeps
QuoteAlso, have you tried adding growing (and/or darkening) shadows under the wolves when they descend?
yep good idea will look into this

ok i have got part of stage 2 working to a certain degre , but i am going to print all the code out and try and re-do some stuff , as i think there must be away of doing this game with less code than i have got so far .
so tonight will be trim night i hope

thanks all
mick :)

Laskiapina

I was curious about the original and I wanted to try it. Google sent me here: http://nintendo8.com/game/254/pooyan/
I don't know if that's the "original" (emulated) but it seems that way. I thought somebody else might also want to see what started this :D
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

micky4fun

hi all

thanks for link to game Laskiapina , yes this is it , i had it on the atari 800 , the thing i have missed out in my game so far is the foxes shields , not really needed when foxes come down , but on the way back up , its to easy at the mo , so i may have to use shields , but will try other stuff first

micky4fun

hi all

well just a quick update , i am still doing as much game as possible in spare time i have , but have also done quite a bit of experimenting as well ,
anyway here is what stage one and two look like inplay , whats missing out of stage one is dropping fruit from tree , will put in later
and stage two is missing the same as well as once a fox reaches top he will push rock nearer the end , after 4 foxes reach top rock will fall over edge and kill pig
also next to do is a bonus stage , which will come inbetween stage two and re-start of stage one , foxes will also increase as you cycle through stages
also certain coloured balloons will need more hits to deflate

watch stage one and two here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JMIVaur51g

micky4fun

Hi all

ok thought i would put up a demo of stage one and stage two of game , this is a 5 minute demo
still things to do in these stages , ie to lose a life when killed , sounds to be added and other bits and bobs
i have not put in any shadows and i would have to have followed through as the fox walks off as well , but may come back to this later
ok hopefully this game will include these two normal stages as in the orignal , but i am going to try and had some kinda bonus levels
got some in mind , but want to keep as a surprise at the moment
so thats why this is just a five minute demo , dont want you to get to bored with it before its in its finished

controlls mouse , up and down , fire button mouse button 1 , fire fast as you can , dont know what kinda level this demo is , maybe people can tell me how hard or easy they think this is at the moment
as i find it quite easy , but im quite used to it now
as each 2 stages are complete the foxes go up by 4 , until they reach 48 , you start with 8
stage is complete once all foxes either have landed alive or dead or combanation of both , foxes still in play shown on top left flag , will have a level indicator soon so you know how many levels you have done

apples drop at random , worth 800 points , these maybe used as some kinda bonus thing , ie arrow power up
the balloon order is like a traffic light , green , orange then red , so a green balloon will need to be hit 3 times , green orange then red and dead
it takes 4 foxes to move rock on stage 2 , then your in trouble , unless you complete level before it falls on you

think thats about it , ohh and wonder if its running at a decent speed on evryones pc

ps , apples not always resetting after bar swipe , looking into that now

Laskiapina

Difficulty: Normal/good.
Runs at decent speed.

I think it might be a good idea to make the pig shoot with mouse button1, mb2, mb1 etc. like the first button would be when the pig stretches the bow and the other button he releases the arrow so it wouldn't be as easy to shoot fast. Just an idea.
I like the first two levels very much :)
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

micky4fun

hi all

thanks for the input Laskiapina , will give the mouse button idea a go , yes it will slow the arrows being fired down , at the moment you do need to be fast , so will have to slow things down a bit
but at the moment im swapping and changing things , a few bugs in the demo that i have now corrected , the apples dont seem right in the game so i have now changed these to spiders that come down on a yarn

not going to rush this game to much as it might have some more legs than my other games , even though most of the gfx's are not great , but they are adequate
doing some bonus level will be easy enough , as a Konami's Hyper Sports 2 target shooting whould easy be one , a fruit finding one another , a bit like ninga fruits , and i have a football one in mind
how all this pans out is another story

also looking for some backing track music and sounds , all takes time
back soon

BlinkOk

very nice mick. i think it's a little on the easy side game play wise.

micky4fun

Hi all

yep thanks BlinkOk , its getting there , yep thought it was maybe on the easy side just , plenty to play with , i could just speed up balloons , or still got shields as in orignal to maybe put in as well , and maybe Laskiapina mouse firing idea , as at the moment it does look a bit maniac sometime , but not as maniac as plants vs zombies my other half is still playing , i keep getting distracted by her playing it next to me on other pc , that is some game , so much in it. ok back to normality

well trying to do a bit here and there , just doing title screen now , then onto bonus levels

micky4fun

hi all

just a little update on game , this is the title screen i will be using , will now start on bonus levels that will be chosen at random after a stage one and two has been completed , then after bonus level yoy will start stage one and two again with extra foxes .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMb4A6EP4Q

BlinkOk

very slick mick! great presentation.

micky4fun

Hi all

thanks BlinkOk , yep your foxes animations have come in very handy

right here is an idea for a bonus level in the game , one of 4 ideas i have so far , this will be used to as follows
game will play , stage one , stage two , a bonus level , stage one with more foxes , stage two and so on

just wondering what people think of this , its a footy bit to the game

plays as follows spider drops football in to positsion then fox comes onto screen and boots it into the air
you the pig has to get the ball to bonce on top of the cage then once bounced have to use a arrow to shoot ball into net or spiders web in tree , depending where the arrow hits the ball it will slice or hook the ball and so on , will have about 10 balls , if you dont hit the ball on top of cage , ie hit bottem of cage the ball will drop and you can not hit the ball.

could have spiders in the web as a bonus score if hit

thats about it
heres a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OatF2bKeM4o

any comments welcome

BlinkOk

very nice physics mick. it looks very natural.
i have an iphone game that shows a target randomly and if you hit it then you play the bonus round. maybe every now and then a target could fall from the tree and if you hit it with an arrow then you play the bonus round.

kevin

yep.. looks really good, but It'd be a little more challenging if it was multi ball..   

micky4fun

hi all

Quotevery nice physics mick
thanks BlinkOk , but not a lot to it really , but it seems to work
Quotei have an iphone game that shows a target randomly and if you hit it then you play the bonus round. maybe every now and then a target could fall from the tree and if you hit it with an arrow then you play the bonus round
yep great idea , thanks

Quotebut It'd be a little more challenging if it was multi ball
great one Kevin , now multi ball , thanks for great idea , did look a bit empty waiting for the ball to reset

ok think that bonus level is nearly done , can always tidy it up later , will have a few hours relaxing then onto another bonus level

thanks all

ok i thought i would post a demo of this in action , on title screen the football in top left is still seen , i have left this here on purpose for testing
so this is a title screen and bonus level demo , you get one arrow when the football hits top of your cage , so dont waste it

i attached the wrong file , please move a few posts on