Is Licence Valid For All Future Versions?

Started by debug, January 06, 2010, 01:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debug

Hi Kevin,

I have searched the Forums, Wiki, and your main site, but cannot seem to find a clear and definitive description of how PB (and PBFX) is licensed in terms of versions.

I am glad to say that since I purchased PB last year I have had no issues with updates, but I wanted to get clarification of how long this will last.

i.e. Will I be able to continue to get free updates of PB/PBFX for the life of the product?

I am on the brink of purchasing more copies (my slight OCD tendencies - don't ask), and wanted this confirmed.

I suggest that you include this in your FAQs at least, if not in one of your product pages.

Cheers, debug.

kevin

Quotei.e. Will I be able to continue to get free updates of PB/PBFX for the life of the product?

This has been covered before (Here For Example 

Anyway,  just to re-iterate,  retail updates to PlayBasic package are as FREE today, as they were 5 years ago.    This doesn't include other (yet to be released) editions of the PB family.   

Now I should point that  PBFX is not an update of PB, it's an entirely different version of the package.    When, or if, it'll see a commercial release remains to be seen today.  However, long term existing PB customers will most likely get PBFX  for FREE or at discounted price.

QuoteI am on the brink of purchasing more copies (my slight OCD tendencies - don't ask), and wanted this confirmed.

No need to.

QuoteI suggest that you include this in your FAQs at least, if not in one of your product pages.

You're right.  While it's not the FAQ's today, this used to be on the old product page, directly bellow the order button.   It's missing on the new home page as well.