Main Menu

A few words.

Started by iloveTALLwoman, June 14, 2010, 05:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iloveTALLwoman

Hi Kevin

1. I finilly uptdate my system to Windows 7 64bits, but when i went to http://www.thegamecreators.com/
The Play Basic Download is not more avaliable... How I do now?

1.1. Can I make an suggestion? Please find another way to downloads the versions and updates.
For me, is so complicated

2. Please, when PBFX will be releseaded? Better saying, when 1.7x will be full developed by you?
2.1. Should I wait for 1.7x? (instaling the 1.7x that alredy have in forum) OR You spénd more time in development of 1.6x?

3. I know that you like SMF forum script, but is so ugly and old, (sorry, no offence).
Please have you planed to change to phpbb3?
Is more new and have so many nice "plugins" for sample: astrology sign, points, karma, thanks, thumbsup, etc.

4. I realy love your work (PlayBasic), and I have Yoyo GameMaker and DarkBasic, but PlayBasic, is very very cool.
The features that I see in PlayBasic I do not see in others soft in the same category.

Thank you :)

kevin

Quote1. I finilly uptdate my system to Windows 7 64bits, but when i went to http://www.thegamecreators.com/
The Play Basic Download is not more avaliable... How I do now?

Why didn't you back up the retail installer at the time of purchase ?  -   The problem for us  is that TGC haven't fully shared customer information, so I can't easily validate the legitimacy of a TGC orders.  However, even if you order through us,  you'd still be expected to maintain a local back up of the base retail installer as per the product licenses agreement.  

Quote1.1. Can I make an suggestion? Please find another way to downloads the versions and updates.
For me, is so complicated

We don't offer a bottomless download service.   In other words, upon receiving the retail download, the onus is upon the customer to keep their downloaded materials safe, not us.  

Edit: We've added a 'bonus' service to the forums to allow forum members a second chance at downloading a base retail edition.

In terms of upgrading, this generally only requires downloading one file and running the installer.    

Quote2. Please, when PBFX will be releseaded? Better saying, when 1.7x will be full developed by you?

Not any time soon.    However, It seems necessary to point out, the you purchased PlayBASIC , not PBFX.    

Which was covered two threads down. See here

Quote2.1. Should I wait for 1.7x? (instaling the 1.7x that alredy have in forum)

You've asked this before, the answer is the same.    The only people who should even consider using the 'work in progress' editions of PBFX , are expert PlayBASIC users.    

QuoteYou spénd more time in development of 1.6x?

All covered in the blog.   I strongly suggest reading it !

Quote3. I know that you like SMF forum script, but is so ugly and old, (sorry, no offence).
Please have you planed to change to phpbb3?
Is more new and have so many nice "plugins" for sample: astrology sign, points, karma, thanks, thumbsup, etc.

There's loads of plugs in for SMF also (many are currently installed and turned off),  not that has anything to do with "learning to PlayBASIC"      

For the record,  we won't be changing boards.     There's simply not enough active users to warrant it.  

iloveTALLwoman

Thank you for your post.
Was very clear about the points

And please, do not made upset whit me because my post, i realy love PlayBasic, and I was thinking things to better experience for the users.

Thanks again.