Two popular programming languages in the indie game development world.

Started by piamoo, November 19, 2022, 07:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piamoo

Python and Lua. Sure! ::) So many games!

Games made in Python(with Pygame)
https://itch.io/games/made-with-pygame

Games made in Lua(with LOVE)
https://itch.io/games/made-with-love2d

Why are these programming languages so popular among indie game developers?

kevin

QuoteWhy are these programming languages so popular among indie game developers?

They're used in the education system all round the world and number of others Game maker/unity for example.  Python would be one of the top 3 used languages on the planet currently..   

So I don't really see your point ? 

piamoo

Quote from: kevin on November 21, 2022, 06:02:07 AM

QuoteWhy are these programming languages so popular among indie game developers?

They're used in the education system all round the world and number of others Game maker/unity for example.  Python would be one of the top 3 used languages on the planet currently..   

So I don't really see your point ? 

Thanks! Thanks for telling me that Lua and Python are widely used in schools!!

By the way, GameMaker Studio or Unity are much, much more popular than Python with Pygame or Lua with LOVE in indie game development. 

kevin

QuoteBy the way, GameMaker Studio or Unity are much, much more popular than Python with Pygame or Lua with LOVE in indie game development.  

I don't understand why are your assuming I'm not aware ?  

Both are 20 years old (plus) tool sets with millions of $ of development and revenue behind them.  

piamoo

Quote from: kevin on November 21, 2022, 08:40:17 PM
QuoteBy the way, GameMaker Studio or Unity are much, much more popular than Python with Pygame or Lua with LOVE in indie game development. 

I don't understand why are your assuming I'm not aware ? 

Oh...my English is poor. I could not express well in my last post.