Main Menu

Road Runners Demo

Started by servogod85, December 15, 2010, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

servogod85

Here's a little demo that I made. I actually got the idea from the book "Game Programming for the Evil Genius", which explains a game's design and them implements it on Java using NetBeans. I like using Play Basic so I thought, "Heck, I'll make it for PlayBasic!". I provided the source code and the media I used for the game in the zip file. Also i put a screen shot of the game to show everyone the game in action. I planned on adding a second player and I did make the second car , but I figured that maybe someone else can implement that and hey maybe even the racing game rules  to make the game more interesting. Good luck on that and post any implementation here please!  ;D

servogod85

One thing: please don't mind the message i put in the middle of the game, this was supposed to be a littel joke for a friend of mine!  :P

And I figure that the game is pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain simply what it does: The yello object represent an obstacle on the racing field, maybe it could be and oil stain or maybe just something that sits there to be a bother. When the car hits these yellow obstacle it bounces back, if the car hits the grass it also bounces back so that it keeps you in track. If you don't hit any obstacles the car will go faster ad then you can just keep spinning in circles until your eyeballs are in a psychedelic state of mind! Enjoy!

kevin

Once you get it going, it's pretty good, reminds me of Omega Race.    There's a problem with the current source where the media location is hard coded into it.  So it's just a matter of tweaking those into submission to make it run.  

Tweaked version attached.