Clowns 'n' Balloons final released !!!

Started by micky4fun, April 24, 2009, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOK

yes its coming along now , these decals gfx fitted in nicely , thanks for some great , no fantastic gfx's , ok done for today
goto do bombs next , then sound not far to go now , some other bits and bobs to do to

u9's new gfx's worked , many thanks for your awning work , no blinding work , haha , great job ;D

ile post again soon

mick ;D

kevin

Mick,

If your going to render everything as FX images then you'll need to take care of locking manually.   When you draw an FX surface to an video surface (such as the screen), the destination has to be locked each time  prior to rendering.   This constant locking adds up big time.   So wrapping Lockbuffer/UnLockBuffer around those batches will help remove this overhead. 

ie.

lockbuffer

drawsprite cannon
drawsprite clown
drawsprite cannondummy
drawsprite wheel
drawsprite bar
drawsprite tramp
drawsprite clowndummy
  drawspriterange 91,120
drawspriterange 61,90
drawspriterange 31,60
drawspriterange 1,30
drawsprite cseesaw
drawsprite fseesaw

unlockbuffer

There's a number of other tidbits that be improved performance wise..
See Program Optimization

micky4fun

Hi Kevin ,

yes this has speed things up a bit now , not had a lot of time spare because covering for someone at work by doing overtime , but sussed out what im going to do with bombs , so will finish that later tonight ,

mick ;D

micky4fun

hi BlinkOK and all

ok better let you see where i am at now as to see if its ok or not as the case maybe , i have cheated a lot as i cant seem to do the sprite dectection as i want to , i know Kevins way is correct but it just dont work in my program as i get -1 or 0 out of sprite range , anyway not to worrie ive cheated pass that , but soon as this games finished i will do some mucking around with the following .
QuoteHitSprite=SpriteHit(SpriteToCheckforCollision,GetFirstSprite(), Group)

While HitSprite>0
       NextSprite=GetNextSprite(HitSprite)
          // do collision response here
      // Check again, since the sprite might be in contact with more than one sprite
      HitSprite=SpriteHit(SpriteToCheckforCollision,NextSprite, Group)
   EndWhile

so i know how to use it in my games ,
ok wait for demo to run after your first game to see credits etc

still sound , control and level increase to do i think

i wonder u9 has this now speed up at all on your p.c

mick ;D

BlinkOk

looking like a bought one micky!

the bomb mechanic is great!

i'm wondering if a basket in the center of the see-saw might give the player a bit of a clue as to how they should catch the objects. waddayathink?

micky4fun

Quotelooking like a bought one micky!
yes i must say it does look good , 99% down to you with your great gfx's though and a million thanks to u9's help with the awning..
yes if you dont mind , we could try a basket in the middle to catch objects

Quotethe bomb mechanic is great!
yes was a tricky one this didnt know whether to have it rebounding of he's head or see-saws hands , so with basket in middle of see-saw may look a little odd rebounding off basket  , maybe not , or could do basket and spring like small version of car suspensions each side of basket to bounce bomb back up ?

btw just replaced last zip with right one so balloons update after 110 burst

mick ;D

BlinkOk

i figure the hand can pop up and shoot the bomb into the air

i had to attach this one. mediafire wasn't co-operating

micky4fun

Top Man BlinkOk

Thats fitted in a real treat , just perfect , ok also added u9's clown shadow , level increase and some more tiding up , so sound to go now , hope i can get some extra good ones to go with this game
just one more image if possible , the play image on front screen , just the same as we had with the chicken game , if thats possible.
its really come together this one , with quite a few of us putting how bits in , great jobs lads

mick ;D

BlinkOk

ok here's the splash and button. let me know if it's what you want.

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

yes thats great  , i think i gonner leave the controll as mouse as in demo's now and not as my first game where the see-saw gained speed as you moved.
as i have tried the old method and its ok for getting clown , but proves very hard to get bonuses and i think getting the bonuses makes the game a lot better ,
what im thinking is small scores for getting balloons with clown , but bigger scores for getting balloons with bombs , stars will be good scores as well , hearts with score but also had to life meter.
the only problem is it can be easier with mouse controll , but it does make you go for the bonuses and thats when mistakes happen , also best to get many bonuses as quickly as possible as the level increase with make you dart around more to collect clown thus more mistakes , so if you just go for clown all the time you will stay in game longer but not amass a great score .
also another way to lose a life will be the pinball type lose a life , where if the clown goes far left and far right you cannot get him , its only a slim chance of this happening but it will make you go for the hearts more to get life back , im just tweeking a few varibles to make it much fun as possible for the game it is , just sound and front splash and then post tester for any bugs

mick ;D

ps , sorry this is taking time , with one thing and another , but ive spent more time playing this than programming it i think , i want to get the gameplay as good as i can..

pss , ran out of time tonight , but a little taster , splash not done a few sound added

http://www.zshare.net/download/6034174007331fc9/

BlinkOk

looking good.
i would like the see the hand holding the bowl a little higher but i'm thinking that is technically not possible
it really does play nicely now mick. good stuff

micky4fun

hi BlinkOk

ile give that a go tomorrow and see how it goes ,,

mick ;D

BlinkOk

sorry mick i didn't format those last images correctly. here they are again

micky4fun

hi BlinkOK

did you mean to start of with in the rest position , make that higher up , or make extend even higher when it pops out or both ?

thanks
mick ;D

BlinkOk

i think start with it higher. so you can see the hand. this hints at it's function and helps to educate the player.