News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Pixel Perfect (rotated/scaled) Collision

Started by kevin, May 29, 2006, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Optimized Polygon Shape to Sprite Pixels Intersections

Here's another WIP (probably final) shot of the Shape to sprite pixel command.  The command has been debugged and optimized some what. The optimization has given about *2  performance increase.  Of course this only applies to certain types of  overlapping segments, but hey, given that his is a unique feature to PlayBasic, you can't complain :)..

thaaks

How many forums do you visit today?  :P

I assume we have to register to see the pics, hmm?

What about fixing this forum to enable download/image viewing again?
Or switching to some new forum software?

I mean, currently I follow some of your steps at CodersTurf, in the 2D section of the game creators and here - and honestly that's enough for me...

Could you please decide what forum will be the main one for piccies (if not this one, which is a pity :( ) and tell us addicts?

Thanks,
Tommy

stef

Hi!

The example above (with shape) doesn't work.

If ShapeHitSpritePixels(TestShape,mx,my,0,1,1,spr2)  ????
(too many parameters or crashes )

Thanks and Greetings
stef

thaaks

Hi Stef, change the line to

If ShapeHitSpritePixels(TestShape,mx,my,spr2, 1.0)

and it'll work. I found the proper syntax in the update thread where all changes regarding the last versions are listed.

I'm pretty sure Kevin will update the documentation asap  :D

Good to see you back! Any PB projects going on?

Cheers,
Tommy

stef

Hi thaaks

Thanks for reply.
It's working now. Great example!

Tested it also with 1000 ships ( max= 1000). Fascinating!!!

I am just dealing with my "great game-idea"and working on a game-proposal including the game-design. This I will offer a game-publisher.

As everybody knows a game-idea is worth about $0.0083333 ( 1 dime for a dozen ideas  :)  ) , but think this game would be really interesting for a publisher.

It is a completely unique idea. A game with enormous potential and possibilities.

Greetings
stef

thaaks

QuoteI am just dealing with my "great game-idea"and working on a game-proposal including the game-design. This I will offer a game-publisher.
Do you already have a publisher in mind? I think you might need to create a working prototype to convince any publisher...paper doesn't blush (german: Papier ist geduldig)!

Anyway, I wish you luck!

Cheers,
Tommy

stef

Hi

Hm, ..."paper doesn't blush"
That's right. ;)

My intention is to make some graphics for "simulating" screenshots and some (small) working demos to demonstrate the principles.

For this task Playbasic is absolutely suitable.

Maybe it works B)

stef